FireLine vs other fused lines

Jacob

I have only used FireLine once a few years ago and since then there a few other fused lines have come on the market.

What do you guys prefer? And why?

Also what are the pros and cons of fused instead of braid.

Thanks

Jacob

fireline will fray...its great line but i dont think anyone can deny that it frays....

i love fireline for vertical jigging... but i use a 2 foot floro leader... so the line never touches anything but water....

i use regular braid for pretty well everything else... i stick to power pro as far as braid goes... ive landed lots of accidental musky while trolling for walleye...some as big as 50 inches... and that 10 pound power pro!!!

Fraying would be a problem if it broke...but it doesn't. Wrap it around your hands with a section of frayed line in the middle and pull...with anything 8 lb test or greater, you're more likely to cut your hands before you break that line. Fireline is awesome stuff that has changed the way I fish. I'll often employ a flouro leader, but in a lot of instances it is somewhat superfluous.

I've only used Fireline on spinning reels, and Powerpro on baitreels.

Buying (you may have to order it) a 1500 yard spool of Fireline will save you a ton of money. It's between $100 and $150, as apposed to $20-$25 for a measly 125 yards.

Edited by fishNwire

Back when I used to do some bass fishing I tried Fireline on one of my baitcasters and found it would break very easily. Can't remember now what test I was using but whatever it was it didn't stand up the way it should have. I only used it for maybe a month or so then discarded it and went back to Power Pro.

That's a few years ago now and I'm sure things have improved since then, but I never gave it a 2nd chance.

The only fused line I have used is Fireline and that's only for ice fishing. The line performs great for ice fishing.

Maybe I'll see how it works on one of my spinning outfits this year but my recollection is that it performs poorly.