Interactions with Deer - Images

JustinHoffman

Hello All,

Has been an enjoyable few months hiking my favourite spot (7 minute drive from my home here in Ottawa) and photographing and interacting with the resident deer and wildlife.

I am beginning to recognize each of the deer, and it is fascinating to watch the bucks develop their impressive antlers with each passing week. Here are a sample of my favourite images from April and May:

Deer01.jpg

Earth6.jpg

Deer12.jpg

Deer16.jpg

Earth9.jpg

Deer18.jpg

Deer02.jpg

Earth5.jpg

This next shot is of the largest buck I have come across, and I am fairly certain he is the past owner of the best shed I have found from the same area. His antler growth is impressive already (this image was from last week) and he will be a treat to photograph over the following months - and especially come fall! (He also doesn't shy away from having his photograph taken.)

Deer19.jpg

Deer03.jpg

Earth4.jpg

Deer05.jpg

And here is my shed collection from this spring. I covered 191 km's (over 16 hikes) and found nine sheds altogether. I discarded two in the field due to too much gnawing on them. Might need a new shelf if I find anymore!

Sheds1.jpg

Excited for the next couple of weeks as it is time for the fawns to be born!

For those interested in seeing more of my deer or wildlife images, feel free to check out my website: http://www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com

Time to head out on the water and get some fishing reports up next :clapping:

Cheers,

Justin

Edited by JustinHoffman

Here is the latest shot of the big buck of the bunch, which I have nicknamed "Buckwheat." His antler growth seems to get more impressive daily. This was taken Wednesday (May 23).

Deer1-1.jpg

Happy Outdoors-ing...

Justin

Pretty cool to watch the progress and amazing how fast it happens. Thanks for posting them.