Met a really nice CO yesterday

Big Cliff

Sitting on our deck yesterday there is a boat out in front of our place, a black Lund with a 60 Merc on it. One guy blue shirt, red cap. and he is fishing two lines. Well having the MNR tip line on my speed dial comes in handy so I called it in. A little later the guy moved off and I figured the COs must be busy somewhere else, oh well.

My buddy and I decide to go fishing for a while. Didn't catch much so we decided to come back home. Just as we pulled up to my dock another boat comes in, he had the sun behind him so I really couldn't see him that well, I just figured it was one of my buddies stopping by to say hi.

Well darned if it wasn't a CO. Really nice young man, Luc (didn't get his last name), we chatted briefly but then he went off to check out another boat, he must have nailed them for something because he was sure doing a lot of writing.

Anyway It was really nice to see the MNR our here doing their job, he did mention that they had a couple of calls from Sturgeon lake yesterday so it is good to hear that people are getting involved and doing their part and it is working.

good on ya Cliff for calling it in and even better that the CO did show up! Chris is a local (out of Minden) CO who's number I have on speed dial too and young_one and I ran into him last year. Another very nice person to deal with too.

Wish I'd seen Luc again today, two boats out here obviously not fishing pan fish and another boat with three guys in it with two big baskets and a cooler full of fish and keeping everything they caught.

My buddy and I caught 60 fish in about an hour (kept about 15 between us) this other boat was catching as much as we were, keeping everything they caught and fished for several more hours. I did ask them if they realized the limit was 30, I was told they knew the limit but they kept right on fishing and keeping.

cliff luke is a nice guy and promised he would be in more places this year as i told him several times about the poaching going on in sturgeon lake !!!! he is very well aware and does a huge area,like i said i see him in omemee looking for turtle poachers so he is a very busy guy with some many places to be its amazing they still get the guys they do !! i was out front of your p[lace on staurday in my boat i waved a few times ??/ remember seeing a guy in a grey lund ???that was me... :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I gotta say I've never met an a@@hole CO.

aside from the usual licence, booze, life jacket, catch limit checks... most are willing to share a few stories with you and even local hot spots.

If you just ask them... they have the best local fishing reports! they're not as "secretive" as other anglers about what's biting and where.