Radio Question?

beerman

Question about a great radio to take in on a fly in fishing trip. We like to listen to some music and radio stations while inthe bush.. The current radio we have does not get many channels while in the bush... Any reccomendations??

Bring a 50' roll of speaker wire , twist a stripped end onto the antenna , twist a rock onto the other end and toss it into a tree.... Has worked for me for the past 20 years ..... My old radio has seen better days but still works and sounds great .

Randy

:)

Bring a 50' roll of speaker wire , twist a stripped end onto the antenna , twist a rock onto the other end and toss it into a tree.... Has worked for me for the past 20 years ..... My old radio has seen better days but still works and sounds great .

Randy

That is great!

Randy

That works great for AM radio, especially at night, not so much fo FM. Often the external antenna on a transistor radio is for FM, the AM antenna is a bar wound with wire internal inside the radio, I've got better results wrapping the radio end of the antenna wire around the radio for AM reception. Used to pick up a lot of Midwest US AM stations at night from Haliburton.

You could hire "The Giesler Island Band" LMAO! The logistics may be difficult and the required booze to get them to play a song all the way through might add up as well, but a finer group of fishin muscians you'll not find! :whistling:

HH