Heading to Dalrymple for pike this weekend..suggestions?

Hello all,

small group of us are eager to break in some new gear and are heading to Lake Dalrymple this weekend and are looking for some pike. First time I have ever fished this lake, we are going "guide free", we are fishing from a boat..and I have no clue where to start looking. I have a map of the lake..so please drop me some intel!! Thanks guy,

HFP

The channel has fish too, I was there last weekend and saw 2 nice pike being landed (you'll probably have better luck out deep though.)

All great information guys keep it coming, had not considered the water being low.. good call, will keep a close watch.

First dalrymple trip

I'll never forget mine and my dads first big weekend fishing trip when I was young (well maybe). We had a great time decent amount of fish caught I caught a huge pike (if memory severs me right) took a bunch of pics and cleaned them , cooked them . We discovered the last night that my dad forgot to put the film in the camera. So it's obviously years later its still the ongoing joke even with digital cameras "is there any film in the camera ".

I caught this pike around a peninsula that's all I can remember

Good luck.

I am not familiar with the water that you speak of but geneally speaking this time of year I usually target Pike in shallow bays where the water temperature is a little higher then other parts of the body of water.

last time I was there we caught over 25 pike (2 guys, 1 day)...I think you'll find them

This all sounds very reassuring, will spend time in the shallows as oppposed to deep water then and see what we can come up with. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate.

HFP