pike openor

bucktail

Spent the day in the waters around Honey Harbour yestrday for the pike openor.

It was the slowest fishing I have ever seen. I guess the weird weather has screwed things up.

Water temp was 46 in the main bodies and 46 in the back bays!!!. That is lowest I have seen it there on openor.

I got skunked after 8 hours of fihsing, My buddie got one OOS bass and that was it! We talked to 3 other boats and none had even a strike for the day.

My recomendations if you are going this weekend is maybe put it off for a awhile and let the water warm for a week or two.

I did however have a follow from what might of been the largest pike I have ever seen, the fish was about 46 inches with an insane girth, 30-35 pounds is my guess. Right to the boat and sunk away as I started my figure 8. We came back later in the day for her but she didnt show. My personnel best is a 30 pound class fish in my avatar and this fish may have been bigger.

Come on sun and warmth!!

Darren

I was in the Hog Bay area last night for a few hours after work.

X2 on the SKUNK.

Talked to 3 other boats, all the same thing. The odd OOS bass, and nothing else.

I'm thinking they are in the deeper water with the cooler weather we've been having.

Rain for the Thursday / Friday. Fishing might be crappy this weekend too.

I've had a hard time with pike for the past ten days or so.

All was going really well when water temps were 40-43, then it went up to 46 (now 49) and I can't get bit.

I've been fishing depths from 1FOW to 30FOW, mud, sandbars, backbays, old veg, rock, current, current seams etc. Tried small baits, live bait big baits and everything in between.

I'll be very happy when I can figure them out, or the water warms up more, whichever happens first, lol.

Good thing the bass are biting in the meantime thumbsup_anim.gif(I'm in zone 5)

Spent the day in the waters around Honey Harbour yestrday for the pike openor.

It was the slowest fishing I have ever seen. I guess the weird weather has screwed things up.

Water temp was 46 in the main bodies and 46 in the back bays!!!. That is lowest I have seen it there on openor.

I got skunked after 8 hours of fihsing, My buddie got one OOS bass and that was it! We talked to 3 other boats and none had even a strike for the day.

My recomendations if you are going this weekend is maybe put it off for a awhile and let the water warm for a week or two.

I did however have a follow from what might of been the largest pike I have ever seen, the fish was about 46 inches with an insane girth, 30-35 pounds is my guess. Right to the boat and sunk away as I started my figure 8. We came back later in the day for her but she didnt show. My personnel best is a 30 pound class fish in my avatar and this fish may have been bigger.

Come on sun and warmth!!

Darren