Sore Arms!... but so worth it!

Slayingm

Yes, my arms and shoulders are sore today but Its that time of year again! I spent a full day washing and waxing my boat for the season and so glad its done and ready for a full season on the water now! I remember my father saying "you only get out of life what your willing to put in".... and always took that to heart. Especially when it came to maintaining and looking after my boat and vehicle. With the cost of a nice boat and motor package these days I need to look after mine as best I can to ensure years of enjoyment. This mean's everything from regular engine maintenance (I change the plugs every year and gear case oil x2 times per season), using premium oil to Manufacture's specs., maintaining and cleaning all livewell, baitwell and bildge pump motors! It also means looking after the hull. With the time I spend on the water in various weather conditions and the intense UV rays during the summer I want to protect my investment and a intense wash and cleaning and premium wax and buff is all part of that. In addition I changed up all my marine batteries (I have 4 of them) with all new and cleaned and protected all connections to prevent any down time or issues on the water.

I guess, like my Dad told me... you only get out of something what your willing to put into it!... my boat is my 2nd office so that is just a given now!

Have a safe season and see you on the water... Greg.

cleanboat042912.jpg

Edited by Slayingm

It's time to do mine as well knowing its a full day job, to wet sand cut and polish 20 year old flake but it's worth it when i am done also go through a couple bottles of bass boat saver during the year to protect the old girl from uv rays

This is why I went aluminium....less maintenance and more fishing....

But that glass boat does give a better ride..... :thumbsup_anim:

Got that right Dave!!!.. I can do just under 60MPH in 4ft waves on Simcoe and still drink my Timmies coffee!! lol.

sd