Bass Pro Shop comes through!!!

luv2drift

The other day I had a problem returning some gear I had bought with Bass Pro. At the end of the day I was taken care of and am allowed to take the gear back and exchange it plus a gas/gift card. I was too quick to judge Bass Pro and I think that I probably expierenced an isolated incident. I will continue to shop at Bass Pro and tell my friends and fellow OFC ers about the outstanding customer service the Bass Pro Shop tries to diligently maintain. Thank you to Mr.Wallace the Canadian Marketing Manager for Bass Pro and everyone on this site who helped out.

Ryan

Hey Ryan - thats great to hear! Alls well that ends well - Now lets see what ya catch with the new rod!

just remember - you can't judge a business the size of Bass Pro by the actions of 1 individule anymore then we would want our board judged by the actions of just one member - its the big picture that makes this board great.

Don

Edited by Tracker

IMHO, it was an example of recovering from a service failure - which is a very good thing as many companies are not able to recover from such a service failure.

Fact of the matter is that there was a service failure in the first place, so I don't think that you were too quick to judge.

The real test is whether BPS is able to successfully diagnose the cause of the service failure and implement the proper processes to avoid this type of service failure in the future. Being in the business of professional services, I can guarantee you that this is easier said than done.

:-)

There might be a lesson in here somewhere.

The lesson could be that a 'squeaky wheel gets the grease'.

Exposing your dissatisfaction fairly publicly gave you the results.

cheers,

ehg

Personally, I think that if George Wallace had been contacted in the first place, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Bass Pro Shops (Vaughan) gets thousands of customer transactions a day. Sure, it's no fun when it happens to you but you have to look at the whole picture.

Luv2drift, thank you for coming through with the positive reaction to this thing.

...you have to look at the whole picture.

That is exactly the point. If you have to count on the general manager to engage in order to recover from service failure, you will never get to the point that you want (or need) to be.

The root cause of the service failure lies deep in their organizational norms.

In all likelihood, you will continue to see them address the symptom.....and not the cause of the service failure.

My $0.02

IMHO, it was an example of recovering from a service failure - which is a very good thing as many companies are not able to recover from such a service failure.

Fact of the matter is that there was a service failure in the first place, so I don't think that you were too quick to judge.

The real test is whether BPS is able to successfully diagnose the cause of the service failure and implement the proper processes to avoid this type of service failure in the future. Being in the business of professional services, I can guarantee you that this is easier said than done.

:-)

Exactly, well put, and unfortunately as the previous thread was nuked, I went through a similar problem, with no satisfaction. Like I said in that previous thread, I may buy the odd hook and sinker at BPS, but the big stuff will now be bought elsewhere. I really don't see why the unsatisfied customer should have to resort to posting on a public forum to get help.

This was supposed to be a thank you kind of thread from Luv2drift to Bass Pro Shops for having resolved a little problem. You guys have other issues, start another thread.

Oh, and Jed, don't push your luck.

I've only had a positive experience with BPS in terms of customer service. I had a reel fail while up in the Minden area; the problem was the receipt was at home. I called them from up there and was asked if I'd purchased it using a credit card; I had so they said no problem, stop in on the way home and they'd access the purchase via the credit card. I went in, she printed-up a duplicate receipt and had a new reel brought over from the fishing department. Needless to say, I was more than happy since it's about an hour from home to BPS.

HI all,

Good to see this here ... Happy endings are good.

A little perspective: I work with/for Bass Pro Shops. They've been a great organization to work with overall. Things happens; individuals are individuals; not every product is exactly the same even when you it's supposed to be ... overall, I believe Bass Pro appreciates their customers very much, as they should. I know that in working with them in developing my rod & reels series and as we continue to adapt with different product, they've not only been understanding, but very agreeable to my insistance on making sure things are right before we put it on the market ... still, though it's the goal, there will never be absolute perfection.

As someone who owned a lure biz and is in TV, magazine biz and ... making everyone happy all the time is impossible, it seems ... a good goal is continue to strive to make as many happy as possible.

Pete