AP Opener - Getting Ready?

mirogak

Think I am ready from an inventory perspective ... nightcrawlers are the only thing remaining which I will pick on the way up there....

Now, if I can only lay my hands on this elusive creature.

Any additional suggestions?

Miro

photo.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

Good selection! That btw isn't the cart from MEC that I was referring to.

This is the one: http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Paddling/CarRacksCarts/PRD~4015-488/wck-expedition-canoe-cart.jsp

If you're able to locate a couple of #2 copper E.G.B. spoons they work pretty good. :whistling:

Some tiny diving shad raps in both perch and crawdad are also deadly at times.

Also something I always do is buy my worms beforehand, remove them from the dirt and pack them in worm bedding. Less messy, much lighter, and they stay livlier.

Edited by solopaddler

Good selection! That btw isn't the cart from MEC that I was referring to.

This is the one: http://www.mec.ca/AS...-canoe-cart.jsp

You know Mike - I figured that out when you mentioned "Cadillac of carts" ... I went for the cheaper 100$ one ... I have been spending a bit too much. I'll see how this goes and need be I can always upgrade.

Thx for the worm suggestion.

PS: As you can see, I am slowly also getting ready for a backcounty trip by mid-summer - just gotta get some light camping gear.

Ciao,

Miro

Also something I always do is buy my worms beforehand, remove them from the dirt and pack them in worm bedding. Less messy, much lighter, and they stay livelier.

I took this advice a long time ago & can tell you that it's worth listening to. Excellent point as usual, Mike!

p.-

Sorry Mike - that was too graphic for me ... please advise of x rating prior to posting :)

I am glad to see that what I am taking, you also have in your arsenal.

@real - no I did not tie those but I suspect that is going to become my next hobby. Just waiting to build my new shed.

Hey Mike,

I noticed that you weren't packing any dry flies - do you think there won't be much action on the surface this time of the year?

The last small box is all dries, just in case. And no I'm not really expecting much surface action with this cool weather.

If there is it'll be a small window in the evening most likely.

The last small box is all dries, just in case. And no I'm not really expecting much surface action with this cool weather.

If there is it'll be a small window in the evening most likely.

Not sure how I missed that ... thx.

It's good to know that I'm not alone in taking a 'kitchen sink" approach to taking lure etc on a fishing trip. But what I find is that I just use a handful of the 'tried and true' or 'lucky' ones even though I have a box full(or 2) to choose fromlaugh.gif. Anyone else do the same?

No Harold, I use them all. :lol: