Where to fish in Markham...

Crazyhook

Not much fishing to be done in Markham. Toogood Pond in Unionville has some fish, but I wouldn't want to fish it.

You've got a better chance of getting some ripe cougar at Jake's on Main Pub ;)

Joey

Hey CH,

Ya got the upper rouge that runs right through. The rainbow season should be in full swing in the upper stretches just below milne dam.If ya want some good access points I'll PM ya some spots.

FHR

Just to be clear, the season for rainbow hasn't opened there yet. There should still be some there when it does. Toogood and the Milne pond have large mouth, carp, and pan fish. The Rouge gets runs of Rainbows and Browns along with Chinook.

Not open till May 22nd though

Trout season opens the last Saturday in April. The last few years the Metro East Anglers club stocked 5000 dinner sized trout for the kiddies to enjoy at Milne on the opener - No news yet for this year though.

Trout season opens the last Saturday in April. The last few years the Metro East Anglers club stocked 5000 dinner sized trout for the kiddies to enjoy at Milne on the opener - No news yet for this year though.

I didn't mean fish wasn't open I mean I have read on all the Town of Markham websites that Milne Damn Park at McCowan and 7 is not at all open until May 22nd, so I have been stearing clear. Am I wrong?? It's sooooo close to my house I could walk for crying out load. I'll try and give the Town of Markham a call today and see what's up.

I didn't mean fish wasn't open I mean I have read on all the Town of Markham websites that Milne Damn Park at McCowan and 7 is not at all open until May 22nd, so I have been stearing clear. Am I wrong?? It's sooooo close to my house I could walk for crying out load. I'll try and give the Town of Markham a call today and see what's up.

This is what I could find

"Fishing is allowed with a MNR fishing permit (available at bait shops and Canadian Tire stores). The park is open for vehicles from 8:00 am until dusk from Victoria Day weekend until Thanksgiving. Admission to the park is free during the week"

To me, it leaves room for interpretation. It states that it's open for vehicular access starting May 22 but really doesn't state that you couldn't fish prior to that - If you are in walking distance, there's nothing really there to say you can't walk in. This is actually my first time reading that. My dad and I never had problems driving in over the years nor has anyone else that I know around this time (before Victoria weekend) - Then again the gate was always open. Last year around this time the park was open for joggers, dog-walkers, bird-watchers and other day-users. It was also posted on the internet last year the week before the trout opener to come and catch the stocked rainbow trout on the last Saturday in April. Maybe fellow OFNer Wolfville might know more. Last year he worked with the city to change that misleading sign at the TooGood pond entrance by the dam.

You can always call the city before you head out to ensure that you aren't trespassing.

Not much fishing to be done in Markham. Toogood Pond in Unionville has some fish, but I wouldn't want to fish it.

You've got a better chance of getting some ripe cougar at Jake's on Main Pub ;)

Joey

Now that's funny stuff Joey :lol:

Now where is this place at :angel:

Whopper

Edited by Whopper