Muskey's landing in Port Severn

kickingfrog

I've never stayed there, but I have rented their boats and found them to be good folks and good boats and very reasonabley priced. Be careful on the way out from their docks though its pretty shallow and there can be quite a strong current.

If you head out following the marker buoys towards Marshall Island you'll find some big (giant) girls cruising (of course its a few months or so before thats permitted) ... Pike are pretty much everywhere .. cast towards shore/weeds with anything white or silver and you should get at least a follow... out in the main channel there are some big channel cats and ling to be had ... and when the season opens there's no shortage of big Bass. Pickeral are little harder to find but they are in there.

I've never stayed there, but I have rented their boats and found them to be good folks and good boats and very reasonabley priced. Be careful on the way out from their docks though its pretty shallow and there can be quite a strong current.

If you head out following the marker buoys towards Marshall Island you'll find some big (giant) girls cruising (of course its a few months or so before thats permitted) ... Pike are pretty much everywhere .. cast towards shore/weeds with anything white or silver and you should get at least a follow... out in the main channel there are some big channel cats and ling to be had ... and when the season opens there's no shortage of big Bass. Pickeral are little harder to find but they are in there.

ive caught some big pike there years ago....just be carefull... shoals are everywhere!! i bounced off a couple over the yearss

Its a little tight getting from their dock to the bay, but not bad. Follow the markers and you are alright. Out into the sound, its different. Get some charts and you will be fine. Tons of fish, Pike, Bass, Cats and even some Musky if you can figure GBay out.

Wayne and Terry should be able to help you out if not, or Gbay, or gbfisher. Lots of guys from the board in this area. There are actually a ton of us that fish that area.

Not sure about the boats, but the owners are very nice people. Never stayed, but know people who have, said the facilities are clean, remember, its not a 5 star but good to go.

We stayed there & the Owners were excellent, had our own boat & they were very helpful at putting us on fish, I even had a musky follow 3rd cast while my buddy was still getting rods ready lol, we will be back again, the main floor was worth a little bit more & we took it, BQ out back, 2 beds & a cot or fold out bed? not sure on some of the names around there but I'll see if I can find my maps, pm me if you want any info, fished for Musky a bit, Pike & Smallies

Tight Lines SBKGonefishing.gif

Boats are skinny little 12's or 14's with 8hp. They have nice little cabins along the shore but it is rather close to the HYW so from time to time you can hear it.

I like the place but the three times I went things didn't work out for me all that well. I'd like to give it a try earlier in the season next time

The first time I rented they let us go out on a day with 40km winds and whitecaps. It got close a few times but we made it.

The second time I had my boat, managed to cover a lot of water but only a few dinks.

The last time I trolled from buoy to buoy and managed to get skunked.

Thanks guys. The boats sound a bit smaller then ideal for that type of water. 5 star stuff is for me and my wife. When I'm fishing 1-2 star is good enough, as long as I'm not paying 4 star prices. I have fished the area before and did trap netting with the MNR as well, but will be using navionics.

I rented a boat for the day, After 20 mins recon, the engine conked out. Had to paddle back to shore against the current. Can't tell you how many people ignored me when I was trying to flag help. Had to ditch it up by highway and walk back.

Owner was great about it. Apologized, made amends. Gave me a new one for the day and free one the next time. Arms were dead do didn't do much fishing and never went back. So I can't help with fishing, but he seemed like good people.

Had just got em back from service and clearly something went wrong.

I dont know much about Muskys Landing but I do fish that water quite regularly in the summer. There is good fishing in that water with multiple species to be had. I find that slow trolling the edge of the weeds will produce fish on most days.

Looking for first hand reviews about Muskey's Landing in Port Severn.

Not looking for your hot spots, but won't turn my nose up at them either, just looking for some info on the place and the boats.

pm me if you like.

500 dollar deposit on the boats..Been there twice in two years first time awesome, second time pm me if your interested. Early spring would be your best bet, buy summer the weeds are high and thick EVERYWHERE!!