Got out fishing yesterday for a bit

Big Cliff

Water Temperature was up to 57-58° which is normally when I have found the crappie most active but that didn't seem to be true for yesterday.

Water level is down a good 12-18" below normal, I'm not sure if that is having an effect or not. I tried a couple of my favorite spots and only managed three small crappie, about 8 small perch, a sunfish, rock bass and one decent SM.

OH well, I am thinking of heading down to Streetsville Saturday and see if I can improve my luck there, from what I have been hearing there are some decent fish being caught right from shore. Figures eh?

Water Temperature was up to 57-58° which is normally when I have found the crappie most active but that didn't seem to be true for yesterday.

Water level is down a good 12-18" below normal, I'm not sure if that is having an effect or not. I tried a couple of my favorite spots and only managed three small crappie, about 8 small perch, a sunfish, rock bass and one decent SM.

OH well, I am thinking of heading down to Streetsville Saturday and see if I can improve my luck there, from what I have been hearing there are some decent fish being caught right from shore. Figures eh?

Come on down Cliff. The guest suite is finished!!!

You must mean next Saturday, not tomorrow right Cliff?

Well, the fish sure aren't hitting here, I spent two hours out there tonight and didn't catch a single crappie! Not one! Ernie, From your text I understand you didn't catch a single crappie either! What the heck is going on with Sturgeon lake?

do you guys think maybe a lot of the big crappies are getting cleaned out? little bald lake was really bad last spring after the first winter slaughter and hasn't been the same since.We had days there last april and may were we caught no fish at all,not even small ones and it was just as bad in the marina.

You must mean next Saturday, not tomorrow right Cliff?

LOL no, it'll have to be next weekend (if the bite is still on), I have too much to do around here this weekend. Raining like crazy right now so I'll be working in the shop for the morning I guess.

LOL no, it'll have to be next weekend (if the bite is still on), I have too much to do around here this weekend. Raining like crazy right now so I'll be working in the shop for the morning I guess.

Jeez Cliff, I just looked at when you posted this. There's your problem. If you've got stuff to do, why are you sleeping in so late? You should be out to the shop by 0425!

;)

I know, I know, there just aren't enough hours in a day! Worked in th garage until about 11 last night. Woke up at 3:30 this morning thinking of all the things I still have to get done. Finished a lawn mower, two trimmers and a chain saw. Got a few things to do on the honey do list, going to try to put in some work on the "fish holders" then I might just try to get out for a bit on the water. Cold though and the wind is out of the North bite is going to be slow if at all.