Cant wait for the trout opener?

ccmtcanada

So, with the trout opener coming up fast...I found a few pictures of what opening day may be like. I've never experienced one...so this could be a real eye opener for me!!!

Here are a few pics....

gallery_60_23_3414.jpg

gallery_60_23_19800.jpg

So...here's a question...you're the guy in the middle...you get a fish on and it darts left and right.....jeez...how are you supposed to land one without getting tangled in everyone else's lines?

Edited by ccmtcanada

Just use 50lb braid...hope you get a hit...and pretend your the only one there!!!! It will all work out in the end!! :thumbsup_anim:

Where your going for opener...you won't have to worry. Has you taken Bly up ther yet?

Jason

LOL Jason...I know I wont have to contend with that...just found the pics a little disturbing!!

We're headed up there tomorrow to do a little scouting...should be fun seeing all those fish again...they are safe....at least for a little while longer. The next weekend though, it's game on....mind you, they'll all be headed back into the creek after a quick picture...so it's all good :lol:

Edited by ccmtcanada

I...........................................cannot...........................relate............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one local river up here comes near that, below a weir in the middle of the city, both banks with guys chucking everything you could imagine, but still less than half the guys in the second picture.

Haven't fish that spot in over 29 yrs., that would be a couple of years after I got my drivers license, and headed to more pristine waters.

The only other place I saw near that was on the US side on the northwestern shore of superior, everyone stacked up on basically a chute through a rock outcrop only 300 yds. upstream of the mouth. Regulations there were you could not fish above the natural leap, which was only 3 ft. until after a certain date. Only made a couple of trips down that way, then decided to stay on my side of the border.

Now ya see? That's why I love living here. Lakers and specks opened January first and rainbows are open all year. No such thing as opening day crowds. Oh yeah, a traffic jam is waiting for 6 cars in a row to go by before you pull out and if there's more than that, it must be rush minute.

I...........................................cannot...........................relate............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya Tom. A crowded pool up here is one with more than one person fishing it. :thumbsup_anim:

And although there's closed seasons for Brook and Lake Trout, Steelhead are open year round so there's no "opener" to look forward (or not) to.

Thats generally what the Ganaraska looks like on opening day!

My God, still I say, cannot relate.

If I see 20 other anglers on a trib up here, other than our local city rivers, its a stretch. But we do not have the runs like the southern areas of our province, our big ass lake does not provide the forage for them.

Yah, and they better not get within 20 yds. of me, or there's gonna be hell to pay, lol.

And... why aren't you out fishing tonight? It sounds like the run will be in full swing this weekend. Or are you still ice fishing? My Steelheading doesn't start until June so I have a ways to go yet.

I used to fish the Wilmot pretty hardcore........and I live in Hamilton. The first time I saw four guys in two canoes get into a fist fight on opening day under the CNR bridge is pretty much when I gave up on fishing steel in the tribs.

Now my opening day is spent up at a buddy's place, with two miles of private river access. Wake up at noon, catch some lunch, play some combat euchre, drink beer and basically marvel at how much of my younger years I wasted fishing instead of soaking up the sun :whistling:

The boys in their natural habitat:

GoodDayFishing4.jpg

GoodDayFishing3.jpg

The river, two miles of prime Georgian Bay trib:

GoodDayFishing5.jpg

GoodDayFishing6.jpg

Every now and then we have to keep one for lunch, check out how pink the meat is compared to Lake O fish, omg I can almost smell the BBQ:

GoodDayFishing2.jpg

As per tradition, one man, and only one man, is allowed to the clean one fish. However there is no limit on how many others that may stand around with a beverage in one hand offering advice:

GoodDayFishing.jpg

Edited by CLofchik