Cheap Fish Finder on the Internet

rhymobot

Hi.

I have an inflatable boat with a trolling motor and only fish on small lakes that aren't too deep. Like Mountsberg, Valens, Wilcox, Little Lake (Midland), Orangeville Reservoir, Heart Lake, Fairy Lake (Acton), Puslinch, Guelph, etc.

Never used a fish finder before and since I'm not serious enough to spend on a proper boat and all my rod combos cost $20-$25, do you think this is good value for $36?

http://www.aliexpres...holesalers.html

I wonder if all fish the sonar finds are gonna show up as the exact same size on the screen. Meaning it could have found me a school of sunfish instead of the bass and pike I'm looking for. Do good fish finders differentiate in the size of the fish?

I've ordered stuff from this site a few times and for this product there's been a lot of people who've bought and a lot of positive feedback.

Thanks.

fish finders (especially in that price range) don't find fish, they tell you how deep you are and (hopefully) the water temp. they should really be called depth finders.

yes, a more expensive unit can differentiate between the size of whatever it detects.

Edited by Raf

I'm with johnnyb!

I have a Humminbird piranhamax 160, and realistically all I use it for is depth/structure and water temp. It does see fish...but that's really only useful when vertical jigging or icefishing. The only problem with that sonar is that there is a possibility it just doesn't work, that or it eats batteries

Save your money.

Spend a little more & you'll be far happier.

For between $100 - $150 you'll get a unit 10 X more capable.

A new $100 unit today is better than a $300 unit from 10 years ago. More power, more pixels and better processor.

The $36 unit you posted list none of these specs. Screen size is also quite small. About 2" by 2".

Save your money.

Spend a little more & you'll be far happier.

For between $100 - $150 you'll get a unit 10 X more capable.

A new $100 unit today is better than a $300 unit from 10 years ago. More power, more pixels and better processor.

The $36 unit you posted list none of these specs. Screen size is also quite small. About 2" by 2".

I have a similar unit, i'd say dont bother. I found a real unit on kijiji for $60