Shop until you drop

Billy Bob

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

we aren't just shipping out manufacturing jobs anymore either! as sad as it is, recently a call centre company (yes you heard me right) in sault ste. marie/st catherines shipped their call centres overseas. apparently we can't even keep minimum wage jobs in the country!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Dollar for dollar we can't compete with Chinese quality.

it's those tiny hands the kids have... they are so good at delicate work!

competition is fine. dumping from asia is not. i will buy here in canada, if not available or built here i buy u.s. products. as for border crossing that is a stopgap to appease peasant shoppers. goverments and corporations are controlling masters..as for quality for dollar value i am still laughing. i dont put any value in the dollarama,s lol.

we aren't just shipping out manufacturing jobs anymore either! as sad as it is, recently a call centre company (yes you heard me right) in sault ste. marie/st catherines shipped their call centres overseas. apparently we can't even keep minimum wage jobs in the country!

RECENTLY..... :dunno: call centers have been working out of India for about a decade or more...you're spending too much time fishing steelhead with a magnet.... :rofl2:

If anyone here actually ordered parts or whatnot from China you would realize that you can get whatever quality you want. I get better quality parts from China for half the price. If anybody wants proof you are welcome in my shop any day.

I'm all for keeping jobs over here. Ordering from China allows me to keep mine.

Thanks BB, maybe I'll come over and do some shopping.

BTW Boys and Girls........you to Fisherman.....LOL....the word must really be out as I was at the Galleria Mall yesterday and a HUGE Trail Lines bus from Ontario was there with a whole bus load of your fellow citizens buying everything in sight....then while I was sitting in the van a nice middle age lady came up to the van window to ask me a question.....she wanted to know where Kolh's is....when I told her to take Walden Ave, right on Transit Rd and keep driving a ways until you pass Walmart, she said GREAT we want to go to Walmart too..... :thumbsup_anim: I think I just felt a small bump in our local economy.... :clapping:

BTW Boys and Girls........you to Fisherman.....LOL....the word must really be out as I was at the Galleria Mall yesterday and a HUGE Trail Lines bus from Ontario was there with a whole bus load of your fellow citizens buying everything in sight....then while I was sitting in the van a nice middle age lady came up to the van window to ask me a question.....she wanted to know where Kolh's is....when I told her to take Walden Ave, right on Transit Rd and keep driving a ways until you pass Walmart, she said GREAT we want to go to Walmart too..... :thumbsup_anim: I think I just felt a small bump in our local economy.... :clapping:

Sure thing BB, Buy amerinese, keep shooting yourself in your feet, pretty soon you'll fall flat on your donkey and wonder what happened.

It's unfortunate that our retailers can't compete with their brethren just south of the border.

We need to get our act together here in North America. We are losing all of the good paying jobs to Asia. One of the big problems now is who in their right mind would want to TRY to build a manufacturing plant in North America, with all of the red tape, environmental regs, etc... the cost is way too prohibitive. Our bureaucracy has run amok and is hindering job growth. It has gotten to the point of waaaay too much regulation.

I wonder how much radiation I take in now crossing the border. All of those x-ray machines, bomb sniffers, nuclear material detectors, etc.... can't be good for us. It's unfortunate that a few bad apples have ruined it for everyone.

One of the big problems now is who in their right mind would want to TRY to build a manufacturing plant in North America, with all of the red tape, environmental regs, etc... the cost is way too prohibitive. Our bureaucracy has run amok and is hindering job growth. It has gotten to the point of waaaay too much regulation.

BINGO.....Thank You for recognizing that.....and the worst part is there are even more government regs in the works.....between union demands and government regulations you can stick a fork in us in North America...were done.... :wallbash: