Evening Drive with Rod Caster

Nipfisher

Well tonight was the night. Rod Caster and I went to our Smelt hot-spot and got permission to access the property again this year. Price was 2 bags of frozen Lake Nipissing fish. 1 bag of perch, and one bag of walleye.

We checked out the creek but saw no action (it was only 7pm) so we took a little drive. We checked out another couple creeks then set out to find a little back lake that is stocked with Rainbows.

I was impressed with Chad's Mazda truck as it handled the wash-outs with ease. We were able to drive up to within a couple hundred feet of the lake. I saw Chad's eyes light up as he smiled and said "it's open, I brought my rod and tackle". We went down to the water and he casted about 20 times. No action but we know where it is now and we will target it another day. Here are a few pics.

CIMG2631.jpg

With flash on

CIMG2630.jpg

CIMG2628.jpg

Lake shots

CIMG2634.jpg

CIMG2633.jpg

CIMG2632.jpg

Edited by Nipfisher

. I saw Chad's eyes light up as he smiled and said "it's open, I brought my rod and tackle

laugh.gif Like a dog with a bone!

Thanks for helping me find that trail... I've been looking for it for some time now. I was just about ready to take the long way in.

Luckily those property owners are friendly.... I think they appreciated both the fish and the fact that we asked them permission.

Can't wait for the smelt run!!!!

laugh.gif Like a dog with a bone!

Thanks for helping me find that trail... I've been looking for it for some time now. I was just about ready to take the long way in.

Luckily those property owners are friendly.... I think they appreciated both the fish and the fact that we asked them permission.

Can't wait for the smelt run!!!!

Could this become the sequel to our little friend's quest for the illusive Aurora?*sigh*clapping.gif

Might be a good fishing spot,but I would be thinking MOOSE,in the fall. thumbsup_anim.gif

Funny you say that! Blair called the police to see if he was allowed to bring his grouse-gun with him in that area... as it turned out, it was within city limits so it was a no-go.

Funny you say that! Blair called the police to see if he was allowed to bring his grouse-gun with him in that area... as it turned out, it was within city limits so it was a no-go.

Darn those city limits.Wait,dont you all live up north? :rofl2:

The problem with a half frozen lake is the warmest water is also the densest @4C as fish are cold blooded they'll be hugging the bottom until the shallows start to warm and the lake undergoes spring turnover

http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/elements/turnlakes.htm

Edited by Musky or Specks