Fishing Fun With Frankie65

FisherJuli

Well, you all know that Sunday was a great day to be out, and my Frankie65 didn't pass up a chance to get us out for our first freshwater fishing day of the year!

While it was breezy, it felt great to sit out in the sun- and to catch fish!

Let me set this up a bit: there were other fisherfolk in this Lake O marina, and nothing was biting. Nothing, except a pike, on my pretty!! She was 7.2 lbs, and a blast to watch her hit just as I was reeling my line in! She hit like a torpedo... and that was FUN!

2909390120096077517S425x425Q85.jpg

We fished the afternoon, and while I missed something significantly larger than this pike, it wasn't meant to be. NOONE caught another fish that day. I had some friendly gents tell me what I should try to use next time.. but of course, that didn't work for them, either.

Unfortunately, we had to keep her... she swallowed my whole lure, and that was that (she was delicious!!).

2797984500096077517S425x425Q85.jpg

Spincast- we've just warmed things up for you.. now, it's almost time to get cracking!

2844276990096077517S425x425Q85.jpg

Exactly what is "your pretty"? I want to know.

Very nice pike btw! :thumbsup_anim:

Ahahah- the pretty is pretty much anything that Frankie USED to say "are you actually going to use that?!" In this case, he led me to use this lure, and mine happened to be pretty colors of silver, purple and chartreuse... Frank was using the same lure, only silver and blue. 1 out of 1 Pikes like the pretty!

The fishing queen strikes again :w00t: Great job Juli :worthy: and congrats on that beauty gator :clapping:

P.S. Frankie... you've got's some work to do to catch up just saying :o:whistling::P:)

Thank you... But for the record, I believe there was one year Frank got them all, and I couldn't buy a bite!!

Congrats Juli - and thanks for leaving that big one for me; cant wait to get back home.

Hey Frank - I should get you to review my tackle box when I get back... "You're gonna use that one?"

a short 15 hour:glare: plane ride home on Saturday - boat out of storage Sunday and in for spring service Monday :thumbsup_anim:

hopefully the weather obliges the following weekend

Ahahah- the pretty is pretty much anything that Frankie USED to say "are you actually going to use that?!" In this case, he led me to use this lure, and mine happened to be pretty colors of silver, purple and chartreuse... Frank was using the same lure, only silver and blue. 1 out of 1 Pikes like the pretty!

Gotcha! That's cute and kind of Gollum-like at the same time. :D

The fishing queen strikes again :w00t: Great job Juli :worthy: and congrats on that beauty gator :clapping:

P.S. Frankie... you've got's some work to do to catch up just saying :o:whistling::P:)

What can I say Jacques...she has the majic touch this year. Nobody there hooked a fish except for her. I did have a follow.

Frankie gets out fished again! We need to start keeping score! :)

As for the score Bill, let's just say I'm doing about as well as the Leafs :):(

Congrats Juli - and thanks for leaving that big one for me; cant wait to get back home.

Hey Frank - I should get you to review my tackle box when I get back... "You're gonna use that one?"

a short 15 hour:glare: plane ride home on Saturday - boat out of storage Sunday and in for spring service Monday :thumbsup_anim:

hopefully the weather obliges the following weekend

Can't wait Rick!!!!!!

Gotcha! That's cute and kind of Gollum-like at the same time. :D

Yeah, Mike, when she starts hunkering down and rubbing her hands together mumbling about her precious, I get a little worried :P

hahahaha :thumbsup_anim:

Good job Guys! I'm not a pike eating guy but my whole family enjoys a good gator meal from time to time! Glad you got out and caught some fish... well Julie anyways! :whistling:

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan, we rarely keep pike as well, but, out of that cold water...if I had three plates-one with perch, one walleye, one pike...you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. Plus like Juli said, we had no choice, the back treble was right down in the gills, bleeding like a pig.

What can I say Jacques...she has the majic touch this year. Nobody there hooked a fish except for her. I did have a follow.....

No worries Frankie, I understand :good:B) just razzing you that's all :P:D Now get to work... like I said, you gots some catching up to do :whistling::P:lol::D

Ryan, we rarely keep pike as well, but, out of that cold water...if I had three plates-one with perch, one walleye, one pike...you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. Plus like Juli said, we had no choice, the back treble was right down in the gills, bleeding like a pig.

We've kept a lot of pike that weren't bleeding Frankie! I don't think anybody should have to explain why they kept an IN season, legally caught fish... No matter the size or specie.... if it's in season, it's fair game IMO. I mean I wouldn't keep 50 perch 5 days in a row... at some point common sense has to kick in but u know what I'm sayin....

And I know what you mean about the taste... it's just one of those things... I ate pike growing up without hesitating, but I didn't eat any fish during my girl chasing years, then I tried one a couple years back and didn't like it at all, so unless I'm with somebody that I know will eat it, it's just a sportfish for me now! :thumbsup_anim:

I wish Bass was in season during ice fishing.... I'd be allll over them if they were! lol :jerry:

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

No worries Frankie, I understand :good:B) just razzing you that's all :P:D Now get to work... like I said, you gots some catching up to do :whistling::P:lol::D

Jacques you should have seen the way her rod was thumping on the fish she lost. Juli said it felt twice as big.

We've kept a lot of pike that weren't bleeding Frankie! I don't think anybody should have to explain why they kept an IN season, legally caught fish... No matter the size or specie.... if it's in season, it's fair game IMO. I mean I wouldn't keep 50 perch 5 days in a row... at some point common sense has to kick in but u know what I'm sayin....

You bet, buddy. We'll see you soon...either trout opener, or before, if we had down that way with the boat for some LPB perch.

Jacques you should have seen the way her rod was thumping on the fish she lost. Juli said it felt twice as big.....

I can just imagine Frankie :o that would of been the icing on the cake B)

I remember going to the Goin Reservoire a few years back and casting to shore towards an island with a Big O and on the retrieve.... to find my lure to a dead stop... like hitting underwater structure :w00t: but the structure moved a bit after :o

My first reaction was to set the hook hard, which I did... 3 times and it got off :wallbash: never seen the fish but pretty sure it was a humongous pike :o

Edit: There's more to this story but I'm afraid I'd type in this post for ever :lol:

Edited by Leechman