White Sucker

Stupid question....but....are the dandelions out down there yet? I have always been told "the suckers run when the dandelions come". At least in North Bay anyways.

Saw a bunch of dandelions yesterday when i was sucker fishing so to answer your question YES lol

I think that they're dace i'm not sure but I know that they're a baitfish, I catch them in my local creek whenever I feel like getting out. Here's a picture of one maybe you can tell me what it is?

Creek chub.

thanks for all the replies.

saw them in etobicoke creek but there were only 5. came back 15 mins later and only saw 2 of them there.

the place where i've seen like 3 dozen concentrated within a 20 yard space and in 2 feet of water which was cooksville creek under lakeshore, was not possible this year. the mouth of the creek has a sandbar right across. the carp might not even make it in unless the water level rises.

it didn't look like the water level was lower than usual so i was surprised to see the sandbar right across. and i've seen a couple of 'bows in this shallow creek before so it's a damn shame.

Ya the suckers are running good now on my end, lake huron tribs/ maitland, nine mile ect.. rainbow up the river for a few weeks now, slowed down. get some more when they head back down river. its warm this spring i hope they stay long like last year.

I only fly fish and got a couple big suckers already this year. try some big kaufman nymphs or fuzzy large black stone-fly nymphs.

Single eggs are good for suckers. Water temp for spawning is > 10oC. The way the weather is going that could be in a couple weeks! Many steelhead will be stuffed with sucker eggs.

I would have to disagree, Ive witnessed bows spawning in as cold as 1-2 Celsius

• 3 weeks later...