ever been kijiji'd?

Lunatic

Nothing but positive experiences through Kijiji or fishboard classifieds.

The worst I have encountered is a few dreamers and a few lowballers.

For every jerk out there, there's 99 good people.

A great way to upgrade and save at the same time.

Edited by kwikfish

I've sold several items on Kijiji in the last couple years and the transactions have all gone well.

A couple of the items, including a full living room suite, were advertised on the OFC classifieds section 1st and when they didn't sell here I put them on Kijiji and they sold quite fast.

Best deal was when I advertised a couple dozen kitchen cabinet doors at 8:00 AM, had a reply at 9:00 AM, and the buyer was here at noon with cash in hand.

im sure most of you have stories of being led on a goose chase on kijiji. i have several as both buyer and seller.

2 years ago i was on the hunt for winter tires,i had 1 lady who agreed to sell to me,so i told her id be there next day around dinner,i woke up that morning to an e-mail telling me theyre sold.ok. then i set up a time and address with another guy,and i end up driving all around hamilton mountain looking for this house that didnt exsist,his house number was 45 but houses only go up to 44. i call to find out he accidently listed them in hamilton and forgot to mention he was in thorold!so i told him id go eat dinner then head down there. i text him letting him know ill be leaving in 30 min. well 45 min later im well into grimsby and i get a txt saying,sorry sold them. really? so i sent him a one word txt and turned around.

i sold my car on kijiji last year,and had tons of no shows. one guy who was coming down from north bay to look at my car and one other car had me waiting from 5pm-11pm he kept txting giving updates on his location and asking for directions. after 11 he stopped replying and i went to bed. buying a boat has been the same old,same old. we e-mailed back and forth for 2 days i told him id have cash in 5 days,he said he;d hold if i gave him a down payment,thats fine, i re-arrange my schedual,find a sitter for my kid and he dtops replying,guess he had another buyer....i moved on to another boat and low and behold his ad is back up and i get an email from him days later.karma.

thats just a few stories lol

was bored,thought id share

kijijid that is nothing

ever been OFC'ed

Edited by skeeter99

My Kijiji buying experiences have been stellar... I've spent over $100k (Work truck, 2 boats, 2 Suburbans and a Tahoe for big purchases). The best deals have come from big ticket items in small market areas. My work truck was very low mileage and I still see them listed with higher km's for more money than I paid last May.

My selling experiences have been pretty good. I think I'm pretty good at establishing a fair price and I've never needed to sell ASAP so I'm able to stick close to my price. What I find helpful is; without sounding like a jerk in the ad, establish some rules.

- no negotiation via email or phone, in person only.

- preset viewing times (available for viewing/pickup Saturday March 20 between 10am and 2pm, first come first serve)

I buy and sell a lot of stuff all over the net... and I'm amazed at how many good people are out there.

That said, I have also noticed a growing trend, things are getting a little weird on kijiji.

For example, we're have another baby in the next week or so, and I'm trying to find something like a Dodge Caravan let's say $7000-8000. I don't know why, but most of what I'm seeing on kijiji just scares me: a lot of the advts are actually con artists. Where do real people go to sell their used cars these days?

I've had 2 friends who got that scam offered to them, where the buyer wants your 50 or 100.00 item but they send you a check or something for a few grand tell you a silly reason why that is then ask u to just send them a money order for the change, but keep 50.00 for your trouble.