What goes around comes around (NF)

radar

Found a big fat wallet on the side of 9th Line in Markham. HAd been run over a few times. Looked like everything was there - $101 cash, $6,000 in cheques, bunch of credit cards all normal ID - including his mechanic credentials - couple pictures of some cute kids.

Figured out the address and phone number and tried to reach the guy. He calls me and said he didn't even know it was gone and was so grateful.

So he hands me the $100 bill and absolutely refuses to take it back.

That's a nice easy 5 minutes work and now I have a $100 to blow at the fishing show tomorrow!

Good on you and him.

When I first moved to Oshawa I lost my wallet. I had just moved here and all my info was still for my parents address back home. Some women found my wallet and phoned my folks after hunting down there phone number. She mailed the wallet to them at her own expense and would not leave her name and refused any reward/cash from my father. I got my wallet back from my folks the next time I visited them and there was nothing taken out of it. I sure wish I could have met this woman and thanked her.

From your story it is good to hear that there are still honest people out there.

Waaaay back in 1961 while fishing in front of my grandparents waterfront home on Lake Simcoe I found a wallet floating in the water with all the usual cards & licences plus $37 cash.

I called the owner in Toronto and he asked me to mail the wallet back to him and insisted I keep the cash for myself.

$37 was a small fortune to a 15 year old kid 50 years ago and went a long ways to improving my summer :Gonefishing: