Spring Fishing & Boat show

boombap

If you don`t go to the Show you likely won`t see these guys at another in the area Bass Magnet Lures, Frostbite, Water Wolf & X Zone, always nice to see their new products in person rather than over the Net

Tight Lines SBKGonefishing.gif

Not to mention they are Local down to earth people, im heading up to see Mike and Mary with Bass Magnet/Water Wolf today. should be a fun trip.

Favourite thing to do as a kid was to go there with my brother a grandfather.

He always let us get one of the big grab bags for $5-remember those? Just a brown paper lunch bag filled with a few cheap lures, always a bobber and a pack of hooks. I'll never forget the year my brother scored and there was a little jackknife in the pack. My grandfather let him keep it as long as we didn't tell my Mom.

Also loved the b ig ice creams cones-the ones where its a square or two squares of ice cream that they cover in chocolate and nuts. Good times

Don,t forget about the wooden carts that were outside with the best popcorn ever and those roasting nuts and cotton candy. :thumbsup_anim:

Those shows were an annual event when I was a kid when we lived in TOronto. Hopping on the Bathurst "car" to the CNE loop. Spending a whole day there and still not seeing it all. Have to admit I went through all of last year's fishing show in all of 2 1/2 hours but I spent a lot more time yakking with folks I knew.