Marcum LX-3 TC

Joeytier

After a bunch of reading and pricing, I've pretty well decided on the Marcum LX-3 TC as my flasher of choice. After seeing Lota Lota's LX-5 in action at the g2g, I was pretty well sold on Marcum on the spot.

Anyone have any input on these units?

Edited by Joeytier

It's a great unit...

if you're gonna dump that much $$ on a new one, spend a little bit extra and get the LX5

you only buy a flasher once...

i learned on a buddies LX3-TC, and when buying, i bought the LX5, a little more money, but i'll never upgrade it...

Edited by Uncle Buck

I have to agree with Buck.

Spend the extra $$$$ for the LX-5.

It's worth it for the dual freq. 'ducer alone. Especially if you fish steep dropoffs or weeds. Being able to go to the narrower cone enables you to see fish that get lost in the clutter of a 20* cone. The super fine line is pretty cool too.

Joey Tiger (I've renamed U at the M&G) HA HA. I'm not familiar with that unit but to share info, I recently bought the Humminbird Ice 55. I love it. Very user friendly, dual beam transducer, zoom into 5' zones of the water column, watch my bait go down, watch fish as they come up for a sniff. U can check your battery usage with a simple click of a button. I've used it approximately 9 hours & used only 20% of the battery. I'm very happy with it. Good luck with your choice. Pls post what U purchase.

After a bunch of reading and pricing, I've pretty well decided on the Marcum LX-3 TC as my flasher of choice. After seeing Lota Lota's LX-5 in action at the g2g, I was pretty well sold on Marcum on the spot.

Anyone have any input on these units?

One important point, who does servicing for these units in Canada, hmmm, ya have to send them back to the US and wait til they rape you for shipping and handling. They absolutely won't do anything other than UPS and we all know how nice they are.

One important point, who does servicing for these units in Canada, hmmm, ya have to send them back to the US and wait til they rape you for shipping and handling. They absolutely won't do anything other than UPS and we all know how nice they are.

I've sent mine in twice for service and it only cost me to send it to them (I sent it CPOST).

Marcum coughed up for shipping it back to me.

I just ordered some acc. for mine from Marcum and they shipped them USPS.

I've sent mine in twice for service and it only cost me to send it to them (I sent it CPOST).

Marcum coughed up for shipping it back to me.

I just ordered some acc. for mine from Marcum and they shipped them USPS.

Well then they have finally listened to the multitudes that complained. I still won't buy anything from them again. I got threaded once too often by them.