Laker and Whitefish Report - Pics!

Slayingm

Well, this season mother nature has dealt us a different hand of cards for sure. I have had to take a number of my clients to the Haliburtons/Muskoka area for Laker's and Whitey's this year so far because of the ice conditions on Simcoe. Given the forcast the next week I am hopeful that come next weekend I will be able to get out to some of my GPS spots and spank some Simcoe pigs!

I have had clients out on various Haliburton lakes the past 3 weeks for Lake Trout and Whitefish and the action has been awesome with mostly limits each day! We have been fishing with light lines and small minnow half tipped hammered spoon's and light light in 40 to 60 fow and also still lines set with minnows on a small octopus hook and split shot on4lb line.

Here is a pic of a nice 5+ lb Haliburton whitefish.

photo.JPG

I had a Father and son out the other day and we all limited out on Laker's... not big put amazing to eat and even better smoked!

01302012055.jpg

And don't discount the Northern lakes for size.. here is a nice fish I got but have also taken Laker's as big as 30lbs up there!

LOB020112.jpg

Here is hoping that we can get out onto the Simcoe main lake this weekend. The forecast looks great and I'm optimistic!

Good luck to all and remember to be safe out there..... Greg.