Service Ontario

Mike the Pike

Well go to renew my fishing license tonight for 3 years as always.

In the past renewed online without a problem very easy.

Not this year the site says my city is Invalid.So have to call Service Ontario tomorrow.

I hear I am not the first to have problems with this website.

Oh well have no choice back to calling to be left on hold for long periods of time. :wallbash::dunno:

Paul! You fished without a license last season? tsk tsk...

You know me better than that Roy.........This year i bought a full years licence and game card. Last year, one day permits when i went to Ontario.

edit to say.........Ok...I get tiwallbash.gifblush.gif

Edited by mercman

i did the same thing saturday! what a crock!!!!

I give them my postal code (i have lived in the same place for 3 years) and it doesnt come back so they tell me to call a 1800 number.. i do that and theyre not even open to help me!!! so my plans to fish sunday were thrown out the window...

i have been fishing my whole life and have NEVER had any issue witj renewing my lic. and now they have this "new" system and im told im SOL.

thanks MNR... you cant even have 1 person work the phones on the weekend...

plans were made last minute...i never said i expected them to be open. the notice in the tackle shop said to call this number to ensure your postal code is correct. why would i expect their to be problems?

i am sure i'm not the only person who make last minute fishing plans.. now how many people trying to get a license last minute get this error and hinders them from enjoying a day of fishing?

my question is why would the mnr have a system where the ONLY thing you can lookup is the postal code? and if they have your wrong postal, you have to call in and talk to a rep thats open mon-fri 9-5? why not add in your full address? your name w/ photo ID? your likes and dislikes? something else that can help the customer get their license? instead of the instant roadblock.

Jeez Mike...Brossard work just finewhistling.gif

Just kidding. Paid for mine online first week in Jan. Turns out i used to have an outdoors card 10 years ago, and they still had my info.

You sure it was 10 years ago....I never had to get a "Outdoors Card" until 3 years ago....and what is with a "Outdoors Card" anyways....I only want a "Fishing License" .... :whistling:

BTW this weekend I received my "Outdoors Card" but NOT my "Fishing License" from Ontario....lot of good that does me...LOL...hopefully the "Fishing License" that is all I REALLY want shows up this week.... :rolleyes:

You sure it was 10 years ago....I never had to get a "Outdoors Card" until 3 years ago....and what is with a "Outdoors Card" anyways....I only want a "Fishing License" .... :whistling:

BTW this weekend I received my "Outdoors Card" but NOT my "Fishing License" from Ontario....lot of good that does me...LOL...hopefully the "Fishing License" that is all I REALLY want shows up this week.... :rolleyes:

Billy Bob, if you paid for the fishing licence and the outdoors card, look at the back of the outdoors card, it should have a highlighted section (where they used to put the sticker) showing the fishing licence part of it, either 1 or 3 years.

Billy Bob, if you paid for the fishing licence and the outdoors card, look at the back of the outdoors card, it should have a highlighted section (where they used to put the sticker) showing the fishing licence part of it, either 1 or 3 years.

Oh....you got me exited so I quickly took a look at it...it's now sitting in front of me....but nothing on the back (or Front) to indicate it's also my fishing license...all does say on the back "This card must be accompanied by the appropriate license"

Hopefully sometime this week the fishing license will show up in the mail... but I was hoping the card served both purposes as I don't need any more crap in my wallet.... :wallbash:

plans were made last minute...i never said i expected them to be open. the notice in the tackle shop said to call this number to ensure your postal code is correct. why would i expect their to be problems?

i am sure i'm not the only person who make last minute fishing plans.. now how many people trying to get a license last minute get this error and hinders them from enjoying a day of fishing?

my question is why would the mnr have a system where the ONLY thing you can lookup is the postal code? and if they have your wrong postal, you have to call in and talk to a rep thats open mon-fri 9-5? why not add in your full address? your name w/ photo ID? your likes and dislikes? something else that can help the customer get their license? instead of the instant roadblock.

You know what's sad? It's easier for me to renew my NYS license, lol!

Well this is what I got in the mail, I assumed all would get the same. Sorry to get your hopes up :(

6830843475_1fb9548eae_b.jpg

Snap, tis what mine looks like. Did have to go through the whole postal code not valid, call them up, wait 30 minutes to talk to someone, and then wait 5 weeks to get the card.

The MNR must sell a different "Outdoors Card" to non-Canadian residents as my does NOT look anything like that..... sad.gif

Bob....

Be sure to put it in the microwave for 30 seconds on high, to deactivate the Chip the Bill was mentioning.whistling.gif The tiny camera will not work if the chip is deactivated properly.

New info from the other thread on Ontario licenses as posted by NWO Fishing .......

If you are a non-resident of Ontario there will be no licence mailed to you.The e-licence is meant to be printed from your home computer after thepurchase. If you did not save a copy of the licence or print it outafter the transaction, you will need to obtain a replacement at aService Ontario office offering Ministry of Natural Resources servicesor at a local issuer in Ontario. For a list of such locations, pleasevisit our website ontario.ca/outdoorscard. There will be a replacementfee of $10.50.

Non residents be warned!

I cant renew either it gives me this error

Inquiry Transaction Error 0742

POSTAL CODE DIFF

Denied Postal Code is Different

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

Speaking of Postal Codes in Canada....who the hell came up with those codes anyways....they couldn't use a all number code like the USA did....you must have only 25% of the post offices in Canada but the Postal Code has numbers and letters and numbers all over it....BTW do they mean anything.....here in the USA we have now additional 4 numbers to our Zip Code....so actually you should only have to put the Zip Code with a - (dash) plus the other 4 numbers and the letter should come right to my house.....for example Zip Code 14086-2233 but NO we don't really use it anyways down here....go figure....

Well, i just got my card in the mail toniteclapping.gif Took just 3 weeks too. Nice card too.Light green with a dark green border, and a stylized bass jumping in the center of the card. Now, will they mail me the license, or do i have to use the paper i printed when i applieddunno.gif

I cant renew either it gives me this error

Inquiry Transaction Error 0742

POSTAL CODE DIFF

Denied Postal Code is Different

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

If you have moved since you last received an outdoor card they need to know your last postal code that the card went to,my grandson had that problem he moved 2-3 times and couldn't remember the code,they wouldn't give him a new license until he got the code right.

Well this is what I got in the mail, I assumed all would get the same. Sorry to get your hopes up :(

6830843475_1fb9548eae_b.jpg

Well you won't believe this one called the MNR today they tried my city several times on the website until they figured out what was wrong.

Can't use a dash or period for St-Hubert.

Had a conversation with my Friend GlennK he received the outdoors card absolutely no 3 yr tag on the back.

He called back inquired why.It seems they have a glitch in the system So now we have to carry our outdoors card around and the piece of paper we print from the MNR website.

I called and asked the same question and yes this is what I will have to do.

So I am charged $156 out of resident plus an extra $10 for an outdoors card that is useless and now I must also produce a piece of paper as proof of my 3 yr renewal.

Now let me get this right this is because I am from out of province like Billy Bob has said.

SOMEONE AT THE MNR IS SMOKING WAY TOO MUCH CRACK.

:wallbash: