anyone have BPS 100MPH or pro qualifier rain gear?

Nater

I have the LUND gore-tex 2 piece rain suit which is the same just red in color and for $450 bucks its awsome and it has lots of pockets and a storm hood and you dont sweat like a pig ,like you do in a cheap rain suit,as well it is suprisingly light weight and has zippers on the legs and on the arms and a few inside pockets,so i think its worth every penny ....so good luck on your decision cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I have the 100MPH Bibs and love them. Most of the other guys I guide with have cabella's guide wear, which is their top of the line equivelent, and in a heavy rain they all come back with wet pants and the 100MPH is bone dry every time. Well worth the money if you want to fish in all day rains, this stuff if bullet proof.

Cheers,

Ben.

I've been using a BPS Gore-Tex suit for a couple years now, and although it's neither model your looking at, it'll definetely be worth the $$$$.

If your like me and don't come off the water just because it's raining, you'll be more than happy with it. It's a nice feeling to be able to stand in the rain all day and still be warm and dry.

Gore-Tex is also nice in the way it allows the material to breath and let's the persperation out, rather than trapping it inside the suit like so many other materials.

I went with a larger jacket than needed just to give a bit more freedom of movement for casting, plus it's easier to wear a heavy sweater on cold days.

Go for it and guaranteed you'll be happy you did.

I just got the 100 mph jacket and bibs, a considerable ($$$) investment. The first thing I noticed is that these are heavy duty goretex - the outer fabric is tough, and then the elbows and knees are reinforced beyond that. The jacket has a very high collar, and the hood is just right. There are even neoprene cuffs at the sleeves.

I've had lighter goretex jackets before, and even with recommended care (nikwax), the surface still wets out. I don't think that will happen with this stuff. I've also ripped the lighter jackets - now that was a sad day- but this stuff is much tougher.

The jacket did not come with a liner, but it has a double front zipper, and Christie at BPS was very helpful when I called her. She said that I could sacrifice the 100mph rating on the zipper by zipping in a liner using the inner jacket zipper. I will take my jacket to the store and try a couple. I think I will have to turn the liner inside out to get the zippers to match, but that puts the liner pockets on the inside where I can get to them.

The only thing I don't like about the suit is the gingerbread on the jacket. I could do without the four colour bps decals.

I've tried the gear, sitting in the backyard in the rain (What's Daddy doing now?), and it is great. Dry (not even a little damp) on the inside, no leaks, and dripping from head to foot. I'm looking forward to trying it out with a fishing rod in my hand.

I have been debating buying a high quality rain suit for a long time. I think after reading all this I will add it to my birthday list.

I think its good, cause I wear my existing rain jacket to the office and on outing on days when its raining. I see it being a multi function outfit.

Hey Doug, why not just layer up under the jacket with a fleece layer, mid layer, and something breathable against your skin. You could dress it up and down depending how cold it is and you won't have to mess with the 100MPH jacket. I do this in the Spring/Fall up in Northwestern Ont when is really cold and it really shields you from the elements. Wind can be a killer but the gortex stops it well. Layers are the key, too.