Sad sight on the river today

misfish

Decided to hit the river this morning,as the temps were just right IMO. My boy was to join me,but well,like evreything else these days,things come up.Winterfest.LOL

I was drifting this one spot. While I was following my float down the drift,I couldnt believe my eyes (had to look twice),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sad site. Even as a hunter,it sadden me to see this.

It was frozen solid,so I guess she had been there for a few days.

I looked it over as best I could to see if any pouching was happening. No wounds from what I could see. Nature at it,s toll.

l003.jpg

Too bad B. I found 4 bucks running around today on my way home from the O lake area (bro-in-laws place). Took a pic too and need to download it as they were so far it could have been 2 x 2 but one had a HUGE tail it kept putting in the air.

Wonder if it went through thin ice up above Bri?

or maybe dogs pushed it past breaking point??

If you look close at her,all the neck hair is fluffed up as if it was done by the river current. The rest of the fur was layed down naturally,undisturbed.not scruffed up. Even the tail was clean,layed down flat. Wierd.

There is lots of deer tracks in this area,no yote or dog tracks. Lots of tracks that lead to the river. Could of been a slip in and couldnt get out and tired out.The river does have a strong current right now.

Edited by Misfish

If you look close at her,all the neck hair is fluffed up as if it was done by the river current. The rest of the fur was layed down naturally,undisturbed.not scruffed up. Even the tail was clean,layed down flat. Wierd.

There is lots of deer tracks in this area,no yote or dog tracks. Lots of tracks that lead to the river. Could of been a slip in and couldnt get out and tired out.The river does have a strong current right now.

That's what I was thinking,stuck in the ice.Wasn't sure you were going this morning,would of joined you.Turned out to be a descent day anyways.Any luck?.

That's what I was thinking,stuck in the ice.Wasn't sure you were going this morning,would of joined you.Turned out to be a descent day anyways.Any luck?.

Like I said water was high,but had nice colour. My buddy nailed a nice 10 pound buck at the end of the day.Nice colouring. Sorry no pics,don,t want anyone offend by back ground shots. No :sarcasm: intended.LOL

With the up coming weather,the riv will be my go to. Give a shout when ya want to head out dave.

Edited by Misfish

Life happens B.

One time on Doe Lake we saw the same sight, but the hill was more of a slant and it looked like the deer had fallen and hurt itself and just died there. It was much more deteriorated than that deer and was half skeleton/half fur. So I made Paul motor into shore and I grabbed the skull, brought it home and bleached it, then left it in the sun for a few months and it now sits on my wall unit.

Yeah, sad to see cause we're not used to seeing that stuff too much but it is the circle of life. Glad you got out again though.

I grabbed the skull, brought it home and bleached it, then left it in the sun for a few months and it now sits on my wall unit.

Are you paying attention Paul? Make sure the word "cremation" is somewhere in your will. :)