EXTREME STEEL

TALK ABOUT A TUFF DAY!!!

WITH 50K WIND GUSTS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVER DRIFTED THE CREEK WITH WHITE CAPS LOL

POOR LITTLE FLOAT WAS JUST GETTIN SWAMPED EVERY WAVE!!!BUT WHEN THE FLOAT DIDNT COME BACK UP YOU KNOW WHO WAS THERE LOL

PLAYED IN THE RAIN AND WIND FOR 5HRS AND MANAGED 3 FOR 6.

GOT 1 HEN WHO WAS IN PRETTY BAD SHAPE!!!

SHE HAD A NASTY LAMPREY MARK ON HER AND SOME KIND OF FUNGUS !!

IT WAS ON HER BACK AND YOU CAN SEE A DARK PATCH ON HER GILL PLATE EATING AWAY AT IT!!!

WELL TIME TO GO DRY MY CLOTHES AND TEND TO THIS WIND BURN LOL

zx001.jpg

zx002.jpg

zx003.jpg

a bud sent me a link from another board and it looks like some vhs signs!!!

Fairly common symptoms of stress in post spawn fish IMO. I've yet to see symptoms of VHS in Lake O, Michigan, Huron or Georgian Bay steelhead, but it's full blown in many of the fish from Erie's south shore, no doubt about that unfortunately.

Nice catch BTW!

That fish has had the life sucked outa it by a Lampray ....that is not VHS ...no bulged eye's no red around the gills ...ive done my share of collecting info on VHS ....we have been shocking fish in the grand river for over a week now no sighs of VHS ...was at a meeting last night for the Daffsco Anglers Club and John Copper from the MNR was there and all the live fish they have tested came back NIL of VHS ..not saying its not out there but is very slim ..like i said a Lampry has got the best of that nice trout ..not sure if you Trout guys no that if they ever ban bait because of VHS say good bye to your Roe ...

Edited by Fishmaster