Canada Oil pipeline to the USA

Billy Bob

Do you find that hard to believe Bob? Maybe you'd be surprised to learn what country ranks as the number one exporter of crude oil to the United States.

I already new it was Canada.....MANY here do not realize that....but that's not what I asked.

I already new it was Canada.....MANY here do not realize that....but that's not what I asked.

Knowing Canada provides more crude to the US than any other country (not to mention other markets) it makes sense that it would be one of our largest exports...no?

Knowing Canada provides more crude to the US than any other country (not to mention other markets) it makes sense that it would be one of our largest exports...no?

I have NO idea what is Canada's largest export....it very well could be oil...I always thought it was walleyes....LOL

But I was questioning OhioFisherman who is from the USA (we are thinking about getting rid of that state...LOL) and in his post he stated "According to recent reports oil is one of our largest exports" and that very well could be true as we don't produce much of anything now a days...I just wanted to see that report...

:clapping: Billy you should move here, bring your states water and we will keep our taxes.

Would love to....my oldest live in Beavercreek, Ohio....(Wright Patterson AFB).....your taxes a MUCH lower then ours...

BTW we get your water....LOL...via Lake Erie.... :whistling:

BB... the Obama administration killed the pipeline to Texas as they felt that giving the green light to such a project, in an election year, would not help garner the democratic votes he needs to get re-elected... but, that being said, you can count on this issue being re-visited very soon after next fall election...

HH

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

hey, we killed our lumber industry shipping all the raw product away... we might as well do the same with all our oil. that way they can sell it back to us and gouge us on our own resources. living on a border town you see how much we get screwed on the price of fuel. 20 bucks less a fillup on my pathfinder.

along with all the environmental concerns, i have just as many to do with the economics and why we are going to be buying our own oil back.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

First, I think that pipe line map is for major long distance lines and there are hundreds of shorter more local lines. We buy billions of dollars of product from people who don't like us but stall our good neighbor and friendly country to the north. The arabs can cut off our oil anytime they want and in fact did in the mid 1970's. Result, recession and shortages of more than just gasoline.

Study history so you won't repeat the mistakes seem to be just the opposite with our elected fools! I searched for an alternative word for fools but just couldn't come up with one!

BB... the Obama administration killed the pipeline to Texas as they felt that giving the green light to such a project, in an election year, would not help garner the democratic votes he needs to get re-elected... but, that being said, you can count on this issue being re-visited very soon after next fall election...

HH

Obama, the Democrats and Environmental ist have killed every chance we have on producing more energy which relates to more and more JOBS....that's why many of us are making Obama our #1 person to oust out of government....he's a fake...always has been, always will be. Only problem is the stupid Republicans don't have a good horse to run in the next election.... :wallbash:

hey, we killed our lumber industry shipping all the raw product away... we might as well do the same with all our oil. that way they can sell it back to us and gouge us on our own resources. living on a border town you see how much we get screwed on the price of fuel. 20 bucks less a fillup on my pathfinder.

along with all the environmental concerns, i have just as many to do with the economics and why we are going to be buying our own oil back.

when the Americans lose the right to print more unsecured money from the federal reserve ...the price of fuel and EVERYTHING else is going to sky rocket over night in the good ole USA.....thats the only thing keeping their gas prices down....soon to change though as the rest of the world is getting rid of American dollars because of it devalue....

i just hope the Canadian Gov is smart enough to not allow the Americans to continue to pay us for our resources in USD (funny money)

Edited by Twocoda

OPEC and the Canadian/American governments will make sure this happens. And OPEC will include the cost of the build to further increase the price per barrel as well.

Canada wants the money and the jobs. United States wants the cheap oil/gas.

They also don't talk much about Canada being their number one provider of oil, because it's much easier to exploit other countries without reaction, then to do so with Canada.

United States can't invade Canada, it would be a relations nightmare. And Canada has everything they need, cheap...

Dr. Sal, I used to work for a major lumber provider in Ontario. No joke, we would cut and treat the lumber for Weyerhaueser. Then ship it to Minnesota. Within a few weeks, the exact bundles would be shipped back to us for building projects(such as Home Makeover). The funny part you ask...

Weyerhauser was billed for the lumber, by....... Weyerhaueser????

At a price increase nonetheless

when the Americans lose the right to print more unsecured money from the federal reserve ...the price of fuel and EVERYTHING else is going to sky rocket over night in the good ole USA.....thats the only thing keeping their gas prices down....soon to change though as the rest of the world is getting rid of American dollars because of it devalue....

i just hope the Canadian Gov is smart enough to not allow the Americans to continue to pay us for our resources in USD (funny money)

OK....but Canada is too close to our dollar rate...as a matter of fact the US dollar today is worth more...so watch what you wish for... :whistling:

Bottom line we're all screwed because we're middle class.... :wallbash:

How is that gonna happen??? The friggin US controls the FED (central banking system).

Unless the monetary system as a whole is abolished, nothing will change. It's the same with every country under the same system.

All countries create money from thin air (pretty much anywho). Thats how the banking system works, on all levels. You deposit $1000 into an account, within law, gives them the right to create about 10% of that in new money. But on top of that, that $1000 is now used to give someone else a loan. When it's transferred to their account, again, now they can create another 10% of that in new paper money. And so on and so forth.

Inflation, debt etc can never change in this system. The daily increase or decrease makes no difference at all. It can't, because thats just how the monetary system works.

How is that gonna happen??? The friggin US controls the FED (central banking system).

Unless the monetary system as a whole is abolished, nothing will change. It's the same with every country under the same system.

All countries create money from thin air (pretty much anywho). Thats how the banking system works, on all levels. You deposit $1000 into an account, within law, gives them the right to create about 10% of that in new money. But on top of that, that $1000 is now used to give someone else a loan. When it's transferred to their account, again, now they can create another 10% of that in new paper money. And so on and so forth.

Inflation, debt etc can never change in this system. The daily increase or decrease makes no difference at all. It can't, because thats just how the monetary system works.

your somewhat right ....it cant change in THIS system....hence the reason the rest of the world will eventually deal on a world currency backed by resouces (as it used to be)...not the US dollar that can be printed on a whim because they need money to service their debt ...history has a way of repeating itself...and the world currency market wasnt always based on the US dollar...other countries have lost the right to the federal reserve because of devalued dollars...and there is no doubt ....the American dollar is devalued from what it once was...I honestly beleive our friends to the south are in for a tough time once they lose the reserve rights...

BB middle class in the USA is the "new" rich folks actually anyone not on food stamps and still in thier homes are well to do (just my opinion)

Edited by Twocoda

your somewhat right ....it cant change in THIS system....hence the reason the rest of the world will eventually deal on a world currency backed by resouces (as it used to be)...not the US dollar that can be printed on a whim because they need money to service their debt ...history has a way of repeating itself...and the world currency market wasnt always based on the US dollar...other countries have lost the right to the federal reserve because of devalued dollars...and there is no doubt ....the American dollar is devalued from what it once was...I honestly beleive our friends to the south are in for a tough time once they lose the reserve rights...

BB middle class in the USA is the "new" rich folks actually anyone not on food stamps and still in thier homes are well to do (just my opinion)

With how intermingled currency is, and relations between countries, resources, war etc. Do you really think the demise of the US paper dollar is around the corner?

If the U.S., for whatever reason, be it world demand or their own decision, the world is gonna be in a very aggressive state. Remember, other countries are basically owned by the U.S. owned/run FED. There are few exceptions.

Personally though, I want to see the downfall of the monetary system. But wow, if/when that happens, it's going to be quite the change to everyone's way of life.

I've always believed a country should be worth what it has in assets, including natural resources, population and education, and other meaningful assets as well, like contribution to society/science etc.

It's not just the American dollar that devalued either, it's any dollar created under the system. That's inflation, right? Moving forward, the dollar will always be worth less than it was originally. And the FED/central reserve has debts being collected from countries worldwide, correct? Even though there are subtle differences, the worlds market for money is all under a flawed system. So if it is deemed of no value, the whole world is effected, on a drastic scale.

And the last sentence, I completely agree. Very, very hard times are ahead. Sad thing is, that's what has to happen. Another sad thing, we will be affected almost as much as the U.S. will, as unfortunate as that is.

With such complicated issues, the only thing clear is we need drastic change to the system. And with that, we need government to return to the people, not the corporation.

Another sad thing is any change will bring on such a shock to the citizens of all countries, because we are all ignorant to the facts.... A major government crime in history if you ask me

With how intermingled currency is, and relations between countries, resources, war etc. Do you really think the demise of the US paper dollar is around the corner?

yes i do ....if China and Russia deal in their own denominations ( as they are talking about) for comodities without the US dollar involved and the IMF wants to create a new international currency called the "Bancor" with its own Global central bank to administer funds....then this is NOT going to boad well for the USA (remeber China owns more American money then any other country in the world....including the USA and they are dillegently getting rid of it as fast as they can without disrupting their economy

If the U.S., for whatever reason, be it world demand or their own decision, the world is gonna be in a very aggressive state. Remember, other countries are basically owned by the U.S. owned/run FED. There are few exceptions.

the US cant collect from these countries with no or little reseourses{ blood from a stone)....just like China cant collect from the US they dont have resourses ( they import everything from other countries...kinda explains why alot of American products are being made over seas....Apple, automotive parts, tools and import OUR lumber and Oil etc....the GLobal reserve being measured in unsecured american dollars isnt going to be worth the Canadian paper its printed on

Personally though, I want to see the downfall of the monetary system. But wow, if/when that happens, it's going to be quite the change to everyone's way of life.

its already happening....look at the price of silver and gold :whistling: i bought a sheet of copper last year for a house and paid 398 bucks for it ....i bought the same size gadge sheet this year and paid 505. for it

I've always believed a country should be worth what it has in assets, including natural resources, population and education, and other meaningful assets as well, like contribution to society/science etc.

:clapping:

It's not just the American dollar that devalued either, it's any dollar created under the system. That's inflation, right? Moving forward, the dollar will always be worth less than it was originally. And the FED/central reserve has debts being collected from countries worldwide, correct? Even though there are subtle differences, the worlds market for money is all under a flawed system. So if it is deemed of no value, the whole world is effected, on a drastic scale.

i think there will be some short term discomforts for Canada should the US dollar loose its status as the reserve...but ....our dollar is OUR dollar...and the rest of the world recognizes OUR dollar....its not getting stronger....the USD is getting weaker...few years back...ive paid 1.57 CD for a buck USD....how are we doing now?????the same as we were a few years back....the USD has changed ....i can only guess the Bancor will be placed at what was the strong American dollar...so i think we will be ok

And the last sentence, I completely agree. Very, very hard times are ahead. Sad thing is, that's what has to happen. Another sad thing, we will be affected almost as much as the U.S. will, as unfortunate as that is.

With such complicated issues, the only thing clear is we need drastic change to the system. And with that, we need government to return to the people, not the corporation.

Sadly a country without "corporation" is called Canada....we have resourses instead....and they are managed by our Government

Another sad thing is any change will bring on such a shock to the citizens of all countries, because we are all ignorant to the facts.... A major government crime in history if you ask me

yep to some degree ...i agree....i always think of the word "ignorant" as having the knowledge of something and not acting on it....but if your sitting by the phone waiting for the Government to call you up and let you know whats really going on....well thats called :jerry: .....But as far as Canada goes....if/when it happens....i think we will fair out well if our Government acts accordinly......SOPA is just an excuse for the USA to control what knowlege their people and the world are allowed to be privy to ( just my .02)

To the OP......SORRY for the sidestep to this thread...as far as the states not wanting the pipeline....i think OBama is playing a game of poker with the Canadian Gov and he is holding a pair of deuces....i hope our Gov...acts accordingly...not like Mulgoony ( isnt he an American now?)

Edited by Twocoda

Well I always enjoyed Findlay Lake and Chautauqua.

Believe it for not I never fished Findlay Lake.....now Chautauqua Lake I know very well....but the fishing has sucked the last few years.....back in the 80's I built a summer home there......about 1.5 miles above Long Point....2.5 acres with NO one around me....was great for hunting and I only had that very short drive to launch my boat....fishing back then was FANTASTIC...

In the Obama election campaign he stated USA would not buy oil sands oil. THUD

Canada's response was fine we will sell to China. bigger THUD.

This gives opec 100% control of U.S. economy.

Then the ethical oil debate started. Oil sands provides good jobs for everybody. men and woman

Opec oil is control 5-6 men, woman have no rights, whole country's are destitute and these 5-6 per country are crazy billionaires.

The Opec country's threaten to sue any reporter, news agency that continued to report this.

Obama put the pipeline on indefinite hold. After election.

Canada announced BC pipeline.

U.S. panic.

Now Canada will likely build both and have lot's of cards to play.