lake st john ice?

peter23

I was on lake st john two weeks ago and there was about five inches of clear and 2 of white. Had some cold nights since then so i would imagine it will be even thicker now. Apparently there is two springs in the middle of the lake though that need to be avoided this time of year. I should be out there this weekend. hope this helps

BE CAUTIOUS!!! They've taken a couple logs out of the dam to lower the lake level - it's gone down almost 2 feet since christmas. I'm on the north shore in a little cove - the ice surface right in front of me is showing several cracks with water welling up. It's seeming somewhat better further out but only that I can see from shore - I ain't going out there for a bit yet.

Michael

Only info is what I can see from shore lately. Never got my tinny out this year at all and not looking like I'll get any hardwater time unless things change drastically. I did see one chap walking around the entire west side and there are reports on another board. I ain't gonna be the one to say go or no - we all know how to judge for ourselves. I really don't like the look of what I see out front so I think I'll just stay in the warm and see what develops.

If I ever DO get out and come up with something you can bet I will be bragging about it!

Michael