Big Cliff did it again !!!

Beans

Due to an unfortunate mishap with some black ice Boxing Day night on our way home from our annual family dinner we (Maribeth and I) ended up hitting the ditch backwards on the opposite side of hwy 36 near Clover Rd...CAA pulled us out half an hour later and we drove home no problem and with no injuries or public liability (hard to injure a ditch...no fluids lost) We knocked our muffler and tailpipe off and thought that was the extent of our damages until we got a call from our service center to come take a look...Once they had it inside overnight and the snow and ice was melted you could see that the body was accordianned and the undercarriage was also damaged...Still waiting for the appraiser to do his thing...looks like a write-off...

This left us with the problem of getting me to the hospital in P'Boro for a day surgery operation on Wednesday to remove a tumor in my bladder...(Maribeth can't drive our pick-up truck...rent a car maybe but I knew if Cliff heard about that and didn't ask him first I'd get what-for from him for sure so he agreed to pick us up at 06:30 AM and have us there for 08:00AM...He and Maribeth took off to have a free breakfast at Kawartha Downs and were back by 01:00PM to pick me up and take us home...he even waited the half hour it took to fill my prescription and for me to have a Chicken wrap and coffee from Timmies (been fasting since 07:00 PM the day before) then on to home...

What a guy !!!...Eh?

You are indeed a good friend Mate...much appreciated...thumbsup_anim.gifclapping.gif

Would have posted yesterday but I was waiting for the VON nurse to come to the house to remove the drain from my bladder...damn uncomfortable sitting with it...sad.gif

Edited by Beans