Gretzky looking to buy the Leafs??!!

bassmaster4

Actually if I not mistaken the teachers union has decided to keep there share which if I am correct makes them the main holders.

You are mistaken...the teachers pension plan sold all their shares to Rogers and Bell a few weeks ago for $1.3 billion.

Even the "Great One" doesn't have that kinda scratch...

Edited by Jer

You are mistaken...the teachers pension plan sold all their shares to Rogers and Bell a few weeks ago for $1.3 billion.

Correct!

Now.... hopefully Bell/Rogers see how completely USELESS Schenn is, and trades him for a used puck bag and some stick tape or something! At least those things have a purpose and don't cause 10 give-a-ways per game!

Hopefully we will see an improvement in the team but with big co's, they are like the Teachers pensions fund and will be interested in clipping their coupon every month (bottom line profits). I hope I'm wrong but I personally believe there has to be a face to the ownership.

The leafs have and will be for the foreseable future concerned with bottom life return on investment and its been shown in Toronto you dont have to have a winning or even a competative team to produce profits. Once an individual owner buys it and sees the attendence drop and Toronto loses interest in hockey maybe then, realy who sees that ever happening in To?