eskimo barracuda replacement blades

Rizzo

p762993dt.jpg

I would like to buy some replacement blades but these things are a huge pain to find (maybe because they sucked and Eskimo changed their design). Anyways, Cdn T and LeB's both carry replacement blades for Eskimo but not the style I need. I went straight to the Eskimo website where they had them, but won't ship to Canada, I originally bought the auger at LeB's but like I said they no longer carry these blades. Found them on ebay, but seller won't ship to Canada either. Anyone ever buy "BB 8" replacement blades for a barracuda?

get new

that's what I'm trying to do.

richyb I think these blades are 8 years old. Never did a good job right from the get go, but now they are terrible. I watch guys with hand augers drill faster

drifter - I checked out 307 and that may be the best option!

If you look at the blades on most augers you'll find they are produced or similar to the Normark/Mora blades you can get at Canadian Tire. I somewhat doubt that each company make their own and would outsource to the swedish manufacturer. Take your blades in and compare them to the packaged ones in the store and I think you will find the bolt holes and angles line up. The pictured ones look like the manual auger blades, power curve blades have the slots in them and the flat blades are a different shape altogether. My Strikemaster and my "Eskimo" both use these blades and also the spiral shafts by the same manufacturer. Jiffy augers run in the reverse direction to these due to the gearbox and I have no experience with them but may also be similar. Worth a look see..............