~~~~Minden Area Ice Report

oldphart

~~~Was speaking with Terry at Eagle Lake Adventure (1-705-754-1637)this morning and he says there have been guys out on Minner's Bay this the 28th, also Cedar Lake has 4". He reports most of the small lakes have about 6-4". but 8" of snow, and 4" of slush(I hate slush). So it looks like I'l be in Tim's in Minden at 06:30 Sunday to unload then heading out to explore

~~~Was speaking with Terry at Eagle Lake Adventure (1-705-754-1637)this morning and he says there have been guys out on Minner's Bay this the 28th, also Cedar Lake has 4". He reports most of the small lakes have about 6-4". but 8" of snow, and 4" of slush(I hate slush). So it looks like I'l be in Tim's in Minden at 06:30 Sunday to unload then heading out to explore

Hardcore! Let us know how it goes, i will wait a couple weeks before heading up :)

I was in the Minden "area" on some very small lakes this morning. 3-4 inches of blue ice where I drilled today, lots of slush patches and any of the medium to large sizes lakes were either open or looked sketchy at best. I didn't go very far and had my picks around my neck ready. We need a few -20 in a row nights before things start to look "safe". Good luck on your tour.

I completely disagree...

I was up in the area today and plenty of lakes still have open water and the ones that are froze are VERY inconsistant.

There is from 1-4" and the lakes we checked out where very very small.

The lakes are covered with 8-10" of snow that isn't going to help make ice.

PLEASE BECAREFUL!!! THE LAKES ARE NOT SAFE YET......

I completely disagree...

I was up in the area today and plenty of lakes still have open water and the ones that are froze are VERY inconsistant.

There is from 1-4" and the lakes we checked out where very very small.

The lakes are covered with 8-10" of snow that isn't going to help make ice.

PLEASE BECAREFUL!!! THE LAKES ARE NOT SAFE YET......

I didn't want to be that blunt...LOL

Your dead right though. :good:

I just got back from Minden area today, there was a couple small, stocked, year round open season lakes I was checking, hoping to get out on, no go, around an inch of ice+ slush+ snow, if guys were getting out in Miner's Bay, the season doesn't open until today so that doesn't make any sense

it's going to be cold mid week, but then above seasonal after that, I think late January is what I'm hoping for

I was at my cottage on Kennisis over New Years. The main lake is open water only bays etc have ice. The bay I am on had 3-4 inches close to shore with visible wet in the middle, also 6-10 inches of snow on top. I didnt venture out further from shore to where I usally fish because the ice was was probably less than 3 inches there. On the way back - Grass lk in West Guilford is iced over as is Boshkung apart from the south end. There are 2 huts on the ice at Miner's Bay-Gull Lk.