what lures and tackle for florida? bringing back meat?

ch312

what lures and tackle should i take along for our trip to florida? i've found quite a few places to fish on the east side and the keys, but can't figure out what to take. i figure a 7-8ft medium action ugly stick with 40lb PP will work, but what about tackle?

let's say i catch a couple keepers. will i have any problems crossing the border with a few fish?

what about gator and other exotic meats?

i've looked on the border services website, but can't find anything about these meats.

Ch..No worries on bringing back fish.I have done it the past 10yrs from the outer banks and Chesapeake bay and I also bring back Steelhead and Walleye from New york State.Its no different from going to Tops for groceries. Make sure its prefrozen and packed in ice. There is a difference when it comes to fruit..we can't bring it back and we can't bring it over from Canada.

You should be able to pick up some Pompano rigs at most tackle shops,great for fishing the surf for Pompano,Blues,Croakers,Sea Trout(all edible) and anything else that decides to scoop it up. Good luck good fishing.

P.S those Docs are killer.

Although I've primarily fished the piers and shore along the west coast of Florida, I found live shrimp cast out with some weight a foot or two up the line to get 'er down to the bottom pretty much worked for everything. Snappers, Jacks, Sheephead, etc. Fun, simple and productive. Any bait and tackle shop will let ya know where there are good locations to fish from shore and which locations have bait shacks with live shrimp.

Good luck and good fishing( and good eating! ).