Has all the ice gone yet?!

Dave Bailey

Is it spring yet? Please?

Sorry, as a good and loyal Canadian I should be enjoying ice fishing, but I simply can't. A run-in with some bad water many years ago has left me with irritable bowel syndrome, which is getting worse as I get older. A number of things set it off, and one of them is cold. A cold draft across my abdomen can have me running for the nearest solid waste disposal facility within moments, and I'm popping Imodium like Smarties. And I'm sure you know what it's like to try to unencumber yourself from a dozen layers of winter clothing in order to have the required sit-down.

So is there anyone else out there who is in the He-Man Winter Haters Club? Those who will stand proud and say 'TO HELL WITH WINTER, KILL IT AND BURY IT! REAL MEN DEMAND SCORCHING HEAT! AND OPEN WATER!'

I'm not a wimp. Honest... :unsure:

I do icefish...

But I dont enjoy it nearly as much as open water...

I don't mind the cold so much... Until lines freeze... About -2...-5... That's my temperature limit in the boat...

So untill we get steady temps below -5 every day... I'll be in my boat...

But every fall I start thinking about those 25/30 degres days when I was cursing the heat and start missing it...

Come on April...

I with you Dave.....

After 30 years of working outside in some of the worst weather you can image to work in I now prefer my ice in a glass.... :whistling:

I would trade all the days of winter for that first nice calm sunny day in early April when the crappies are drawn into the shallows just waiting for me to pluck them out... :Gonefishing:

Each day I sit hear thinking about that fine day in April is one day closer to relishing in it when it does come. :)

Bob

Dave, i been counting the days till spring for a month. I havent ice fished since i was a wee lad, so i cant remember if i like it or not.

I did get myself some warm Kamiks and a couple of inexpensive ice combos today at CT today, so i will give it a try and see if i like itwhistling.gif

I don't mind winter, I just can't get excited about ice fishing anymore. It's too stationary and eventually - boring. No wonder people drink heavily when they ice fish.:tease:

I prefer fishing the rivers for steelhead (this fall especially) and fishing from a boat, at least I get to cast. :thumbsup_anim: