Are Newer Clam Chairs Comfortable?

Oggie

I've developed a really sore back (physio required) and I think it's from my Clam chair. I noticed it right after sitting in the hut over a whole winter. Anyone else developed a chronic sore back from the old style chairs?

Are the newer chairs any better?

Dan O.

~~~~Yeah my back ache also, last year I was so stiff I tried to straighten my back, pushed back, and snapped the bolts holding the seat back. Was able to fix it no biggie, but I taking it out and getting a folding lawn chair, bou not the bucket style, they hurt my back also.

~~~~Yeah my back ache also, last year I was so stiff I tried to straighten my back, pushed back, and snapped the bolts holding the seat back. Was able to fix it no biggie, but I taking it out and getting a folding lawn chair, bou not the bucket style, they hurt my back also.

I got the new clam folding chair with rod and tackle storage built in. When I sat in it I was thinking man this is uncomfortable, maybe I can bend it back a bit lol... It looks to be a back pack also but unless your built like a semi its not going to fit your shoulders.. No place to fit my tackle trays or round tip up.

Looks to me like clam slapped their name on a cheap product they found. I will be looking a lot closer at clam produds before phurchasing again..

Edited by GoneFishin

Seats have gotten much worse over time. I have a couple of huts from 10 years ago and they are a bit better but I wouldn't discribe them as comfortable. Clam huts have went waaaaay down hill in the quality department. The new ones are pretty much junk.

Thanks guys for the input. After the Clam chair did a number on my back it's been sore for years and now all kinds of situations irritate it. Can you put a folding camp chair partially into the sled. I'm wondering if the two back legs will punch through the bottom of the sled?

Dan O.