Ice Fishing line

SirWhite

Looking for a "tried and true" ice line /combo line for this coming season.

Always, in the past (4 times lol) I've used my regular mono (Trout, in BC). Now, being in southern Ontario and fishing for things that have teeth (Walleye, Pike) Im struggling to figure out Flouro, Mono, or both. Its racking my brain.

Anyone ?

My ice lines have the Northland Bionic line on some and Fireline Ice on the others. Both in 8 pounds test. I prefer the fireline Ice to the Bionic but I just put the Bionic on last year with about 2 weeks in the season so I'll continue to try it out. Bionic line They have the new fluorosilk and braid out but I just have the regular line. FireLine I bought the Fireline Micro Fused Ice Crystal and will give it a go as soon as I can. I have used the FireLine in the past and have been impressed.

I like 15pound braid with 8pound floro from the swivel down while fishin for lakers. Not much stretch in the 100FOW when i switched to braid i started catchin allot more whitefish i just never felt the hits with mono.

What he said.

Although, I've been known to slum straight 6 lb flouro for April whitefish/steelhead through the ice.

Tomorrow Splake are on the menu, 6lb Sensation Solar Orange mainline, 6 lb chameleon leader, changing it up only to say I did :D

Hard to beat 15 pound braid with ________ leader.