smiths falls area

Freshtrax

Anyone point me in the right direction of a few lakes that might be iced up enough to walk on around boxing day in this area myother half's family are down there all hunters no fishermen. And with no experiance down there i have no idea where to start. Id love to be into some whities and lakers but i dont think there are any down there so i will settle for targeting toothy creatures like pike , walleye. And if all else fails perch. I would think bieng a fair bit north of southern ontairo some smaller waterbodys will be iced but maby thats just wishfull thinking this year.

At this rate you'll be able to cast off the pier/shore of any of the 3 locks in town, or anywhere in between them along the shores on the Rideau.

aug2009l.jpg

If there happens to be ice... Silver Lake on #7 (West of Mallorytown) could be day trip for Lakers.

silverlakemar2008003.jpg

Edited by irishfield

When I lived there, Nodes point at Rideau Ferry was always good for early ice. For some reason it froze earlier than all the other lakes and areas. Good for Pike and Crappies. This yr, boxing day may be a stretch mind you....no hints of winter there or here in Pembroke yet!

Mercman, who did you visit in Jones Falls? I grew up there and it wasn't what you would call a large anonymous community! lol

Hey law of attraction ...everyone think cold thoughts.... Seriously a coupple cold nights can do wonders. I have a few lakes ( more like big ponds) searched out. I just want to get out sometime over the holidays. I will be driving as far north as i have to on jan 1 to get out regardless