trailer for a 12 foot zodiac

BCLT

Sorry to leech you guys for answers, but can someone tell me a good place to look for a used trailer for a 12 foot zodiac - and what it may cost, im hoping around 300?

please help! I got a brand new zodiac, 7.5, and electric that only got out once because im lazy to blow it up and deflate it to transport it in the car

shawn

Have you thought about buying an electric pump that plugs into the cig lighter? Fairly cheap an C Tire, used for blowing air mattresses.

I have that as well as a portable electric from coleman, very good - problem is my boat is a hard bottom aluminum - with three panels that you lay down, with running beams on each side - its a 4 man, two seater hard bottom that is a lot of work to put together - I mounted launching wheels so once its together you just wheel it to the water

I will look into this ideas you guys left me, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment

Shawn

I have that as well as a portable electric from coleman, very good - problem is my boat is a hard bottom aluminum - with three panels that you lay down, with running beams on each side - its a 4 man, two seater hard bottom that is a lot of work to put together - I mounted launching wheels so once its together you just wheel it to the water

I will look into this ideas you guys left me, and I really appreciate you taking the time to comment

Shawn

where are you located?? trailer doesnt have lights,i used the magnetic crappy tire ones all summer..trailer also has a pin lock dump load/unload capability...theres is a 12ft aluminum that is being sold with it but i will separate if no offers are made for the pair.

Picture002-8.jpg

Edited by bottombouncer

Hitches are catagories by class...

1 being the lightest duty...

Look into "hidden hitch" brand hitches... You order a hitch designed for you car that bolts on to hole that are usually already in the frame...

A few basic tools and you can install these hitches yourself....

I'm not sure about numbers but I'm sure a zodiac will be fine on class 1 hitch...

sounds great, thanks mike - what do I do about lights? I assume (and please dont laugh, im new to this) that I need some sort of break light set up? would there be a wired harness ready under my bumper, or do I need to take it in and have one installed? its a 2011

any advice would be great so I dont get punked going to the shop

cheers mike - I appreciate your help

shawn

any CAR will need a wireing harness as most cars are not made to have a hitch.

Mike was right and that the boat you have is in the CLASS 1 range and it's all about total weight.

I would go to a U-haul place and get a quote before you do anything else so you know and or learn a bit more of what it is you need. This way you can get the best deal and the right gear/tools to do the job.

You can get a wiring harness from a place like NAPA...

All you do is unplug the harness to your tailight... Plug in the trailer harness... And plug the original tailight harness into the new trailer harness...

It's actually very simple...

With my intrepid I did it myself without any tools...