Exo PT Reels

manitoubass2

Anyone seen these yet? I just checked out the new In-Fisherman and it has a few adds in there for this reel.

I must say, looks pretty niiiice! But very space age style.

Exo spinning/casting reels

Looks like a higher price point reel. I'll be interested in some reviews on these, even though I'm not much a fan of Quantum reels.

There is also an ad with new Abu Garcia Orra S and Orra Sx spinning reels, which look nice to the eye as well

Abu Garcia Orra S

Abu Garcia Orra SX

It's not a shimano or a daiwa. No good. LOL.

just kidding. These reels look good, and in my mind they will definitely be awesome, but that T3 daiwa and the Abu Garcia MGX looks much more attractive for baitcasters. If you get the T3 though, just know that leader knots don't go well when they are long enough to be inside the reel.

The Abu Garcia spinning reels I couldn't tell you though. I know the pflueger president is updated and they finally tossed the wooden knob. At 69.99 I would definitely buy that first. :P

Just my completely biased opinions. Take with caution.

Edited by EC1

I have seen the EXO and the whole idea is to reduce the weight hence all the holes cut out in the frame. I would think that if you had something fall on it or drop it then it would snap in half. looks ok, but I think because of the materials it's weak.

Haven't seen the Abu yet.

do you max out a $100 budget?

if not I know Sinclair got a Stadic FI for $139.00 at SAIL the other day and paid no tax too.

I have seen the EXO and the whole idea is to reduce the weight hence all the holes cut out in the frame. I would think that if you had something fall on it or drop it then it would snap in half. looks ok, but I think because of the materials it's weak.

Haven't seen the Abu yet.

do you max out a $100 budget?

if not I know Sinclair got a Stadic FI for $139.00 at SAIL the other day and paid no tax too.

In the video they drive over the bait caster with a truck, lol. But yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the strength of the reel, or lack thereof.

For now I'm more then happy using Okuma Avengers on my shore rods, and Shimano CI4's on my other rods.

But, this might just be something my son could give a try??? He likes the look of it, and the smile would be worth the bucks IMO