Rosy Fingered Dawn

Guest chase4chrome

Guest chase4chrome

What a weekend--seems others have enjoyed theirs also (October in December what a rush).

The morning breaks steely blue with a brisk wind--leaving the car and heated seats would seem otherwise ill conceived were it not for water down the embankment flowing just off-colour enough to evoke visions of angry steel undressing your reel.

post-8820-132313748189_thumb.jpg

Always seems to be the case--you have first water, drift some exquisite seams, lines, pockets…nothing.

9:00 am comes around and the dinner bell chimes--one small run (12 feet long or so) against the shale yields 5 fish in 30 minutes. Let it cool down, offer a drift upstream…more action.

Last hour of the day produced a hen fat with eggs (now don't go getting too silly you spawn strippers). She smoked my reel more than once. Judging by the fat she had laid down for the spawn (see the fatty deposits on her shoulders) she must have been on a voracious feed prior to entering the river.

(Well that "little" piggy swam all the way home…hope she avoided the egg man.)

post-8820-132313793016_thumb.jpg

Here's looking forward to more reports before the end of the year good.gif

Edited by chase4chrome

Guest chase4chrome

great report!

There are a few members here that need to be writing pieces(articles) for fishing publications.

thumbsup_anim.gif

worthy.gif Many thanks friend, forward my name I should be happy to oblige. I have edited books and am published but since our son came on the scene my time has otherwise been taken up with other things.