Seat Belt Law

skeeter

it was explained to me that the auto locking doors were provided to prevent intrusions into the vehicle, like a carjacking or something.

but the impediment to aiding or rescuing a trapped occupant is obvious, whether you are a bystander or first responder.

sinker are you sure you can't disconnect or 'deprogram'this - i could in some of my vehicles but not in others.

i find it oddly frustrating that some refer to the seatbelt as causing an injury, but, was it not the accident that caused the injury?

the state of florida had an investigation into injuries caused by airbags - broken fingers, noses, abrasions to the face,etc. it was decided these injuries were better than having a steering column sticking out of your back. i tend to agree.

let me try to put it another way - if a motorcyclist crashed into a pole and died of head injuries, would we say he was killed by his helmet?

let me try to put it another way - if a motorcyclist crashed into a pole and died of head injuries, would we say he was killed by his helmet?

Great observation....now think of this.....a small child must be strapped into a car seat and it seems every year said child is getting bigger/older before he's not required to do so....but that same child can jump on the back of a motorcycle and just hang on to the driver.... :whistling: ...also in many states (not NYS) it's required to wear your seat belt but no helmet is required for the crotch rocket that just sped by you at twice the speed limit... :wallbash:

there's another good point - auto locking doors. What's more likely, that you will get car-jacked or get in an accident and possibly need help? What a dumb feature (if intrusion is the reason). If you live in Detroit, Washington or Miami - lock your doors. For the rest of us I'd prefer it stay unlocked in case I need help!

there's another good point - auto locking doors. What's more likely, that you will get car-jacked or get in an accident and possibly need help? What a dumb feature (if intrusion is the reason). If you live in Detroit, Washington or Miami - lock your doors. For the rest of us I'd prefer it stay unlocked in case I need help!

Most vehicles have a switch to deactivate the auto lock....check the owner's manual. I know my van has one :)