Protesting

Rizzo

We did not suffer the worst of it but we did not come out completely unscathed either. We are still seeing the effects here.

There was plenty of debate on this forum about bail-outs at the time.

We were scathed by a US problem. What Canadian policies do you think deserve protesting?

I am happy to live in a country where there can be public protest without the machine guns opening up from the roof tops, whether I agree with the protester's message or cause or not. To me the issue is level of disruption and whether the protesters and law enforcement act reasonably and legally.

We were scathed by a US problem. What Canadian policies do you think deserve protesting?

what about the fact that "between 1980 and 2005, the median real earnings of Canadians workers stagnated, while labour productivity rose 37 per cent, three factors of roughly equal importancecan be seen to contribute to this "rising earning inequalities; falling terms of trade for labour; a decrease in labour’s share of GDP"

MEANWHILE.........

the rate of investment in machinery and equipment has declined in lockstep with falling corporate tax rates over the past decade. At the same time, the analysis shows, businesses have added $83-billion to their cash reserves since the onset of the recession in 2008