thanksgiving ski..

addymark

I made a post last week to get some suggestions on what to use for fall skies and I'm glad I listened.

I was going to go big and slow which I did for most of the weekend but you guys said don't forget about the inline spinners etc. since it is going to be a warm thanksgiving.

now the good part... Earlier today as my dad was getting the trailer in the water to take the boat out, my mom on the water front taking pictures of the fall colours, I was out in the last outting from the "big boat" thinking I was going to get skunked. So I finally as I'm right in front of the cottage I throw on the black buck tail that was productive for me in the summer.

Last cast of the season less than 20 meters from the boat trailer and I had a nice follow... figure 8... BHAM! I call out they look and they have a perfect view of the fish as it explodes completely out of the water.

After a few minutes I get her in the net and only one treble was on the edge of her lip. My parents are already on the way in the tinny and my mom is ready to snap the photo's... couldn't have been a better end to my season!

5.jpg

1.jpg

I had my camera in the boat but I don't know how I would have gotten a picture. It was the first time I didn't have a buddy in the boat to help net one and that was also an experience.

took a few minutes to revive her but I got a face full of water when she kicked away.

thanks for reading!