Skis in Lake O?

Howdy Fisherfolk!

Heading to Scarborough for Thanksgiving and was hoping to wet a line whilst i am there...

Has anyone tried fishing from shore along the new boardwalk in Scarborough? I noticed the small bays they've created along the shore line and they look like they might be good holding spots for some nice predators...Not looking for exact spots or secret lures, just want to know if i should take my muskie gear with me. Any info on here or via PMs would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend everyone!

Cheers!

Nigel

Edited by Fishingitis

I wouldn't hold much hope for muskies, but there are pike around for sure. Husky jerks or other crank baits for those guys. Good luck!!!

Good to know! Thanks ccmt!

I guess 10 inch sticks would be too big for pike eh...

Need to read up on fall pike fishing since i have never targeted pike before. Hope it is somewhat similar to fall musky fishing..

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Nigel

Are you referring to the area by Port Union Rd.? I have tried casting off the rock piers a couple of times. No, luck; but that doesn't mean they aren' there.

To the best of my knowledge there is not significant muskie population between Hamilton and Oshawa. I have heard of muskies in the area but not in numbers worth targetting.

Pike, bass, trout and salmon are possible. Highland creek is stocked with Chinook. the Rough is stocked with rainbows and browns.

To the best of my knowledge there is not significant muskie population between Hamilton and Oshawa. I have heard of muskies in the area but not in numbers worth targetting.

correct. I have caught a musky off a pier in the whitby/oshawa area on a 5 of D but I would never target them there.

Good to know! Thanks ccmt!

I guess 10 inch sticks would be too big for pike eh...

Need to read up on fall pike fishing since i have never targeted pike before. Hope it is somewhat similar to fall musky fishing..

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Nigel

If it helps at all I was musky fishing for a couple of hours last evening and while I never saw a musky the pike were hitting bucktails pretty hard. I was moving them fairly fast too with this warm weather.

correct. I have caught a musky off a pier in the whitby/oshawa area on a 5 of D but I would never target them there.

a friend was bitten off while throwing a j13 at a pier a little farther east.three of us saw the fish hit and latter roll trying to shake the bait.everyone,while surprised ,agreed it was a large muskie.I wonder if they may be present along the north shore more than enyone realizes

Everyone seems to have a story about a musky from Lake Ontarion in the Toronto area but it seems nobody ever to thought to take a picture of one. If anybody has one hidden away somewhere, I would love to see it. Until then, I remain sceptical.

Fishingitis, pike are everywhere along the waterfront as long as there is a bit of stucture. I haven't been to the area that you're talking about, but it sounds like some other places I know of that produce pike (see avatar.) You will definately be more successful if you downsize a bit. Long cranks in the 5" range are a good start.

Thanks for all the replies/info.

Sadly I do not have much to report on. Din't get to do too much fishing thanksgiving weekend. Forgot the leaf - sens game was on Saturday night when i was making plans to fish. The Battle of Ontario might not be as spicy as it used to be but i sure did enjoy the sens give the leafs a nice little scare in the 3rd.

Sunday was the traditional family turkey dinner so fishing during the day was out of the qvestion. However after committing gluttony on some mighty delicious turkey, I did go out for an hour in the moonlight. Figured i needed some sort of exercise after my meal. Headed out with one of my old fishing buddies. Haven't fished with him in two years so it was nice getting out even if it was for an hour. My folks live right by the Port Union Boardwalk so there wasn't much of a commute.

After we got to the spot we wanted to try out, we realised fishing from shore at the boardwalk might not be the smartest of ideas especially for night fishing. The rocks arent really angler appropriate. Since we were already there with all our gear we searched for a nice safe spot to fish from as well as land a big fish if were lucky to hook into one. It could not have been a nicer night to be out on the water.

We din't hook into anything but that dint matter. It was nice catching up on fishing stories of the past two years while washing lures.

For next time we know to try out the area during the day and will definitely downsize my gear for easier fishing along that coastline. The area looks like it would be perfect for some nice pike. It is definitely on my adventure list for next year when I move back to Scarberia.

Thanks again for all the tips!

Hopefully my next report on the area will have some fish in them.

Tight lines everyone!

Edited by Fishingitis