the best fall musky lure

addymark

I got into fishing musky last summer and have a decent but limited tackle selection for them. I have read that in the fall go big and slow down the presentation. So all the buck tails I have gathered may not work so well this weekend.

I just started to troll as well, I have the believers (8") no jakes tho...

I don't want too much but if there is one lure you guys would suggest for the fall, what would it be?

if you're casting, a 10" suick (or any jerkbait)

if you're trollng, a 10" jake or 9" grandma

just some of my non-blade favourites no matter the time of year. i wouldn't put away the blades just yet though, esp. after a few days of warm weather.

I've only been out once in the fall, and ended up washing lures for a day, so I can't give you any advice personally. From the reading I;ve been doing lately topwaters seem to be a good options, as muskie move into shallows. I love the idea of catching a ski on topwater, but have never esperienced it myself.

if you're casting, a 10" suick (or any jerkbait)

if you're trollng, a 10" jake or 9" grandma

just some of my non-blade favourites no matter the time of year. i wouldn't put away the blades just yet though, esp. after a few days of warm weather.

I would completely mirror the above thoughts.

The jointed versions of the perch Believers, Grandmas, etc... always work.

Even trolling or casting big musky spinnerbaits will produce.

Just stay fairly tight to rock structure or weedlines.

This weekend is summer-like so there should be no need to go to deep.

Good Luck!

Edited by ehg

ill be out this weekend, you think i should concentrate on shallower water because of the weather, new to fall fishing off a boat.

All my musky this year have been caught off spinners, havent even touched my bigger baits because the spinners keep producing.

I will get out I hope and will be suing my summer time presentations blades will be great as the waters would have warmed this week or will do so daily then back down at night so later in the day wen it has warmed up some try the blades and faster baits. I would not slow down yet go out and do your normal thing if its not working then slow down what your doing if that does not work start to switch it up.

when were talking about colder water 50's or less I go bigger and slower for sure 10" jakes are one of my favorite 9" woddie thumpers have put many fish in the boat for us this time of the year . I dont like believers but they do work (I have them just have not caught anything on them) you can get the Jakes down deep just play with line lengths in shallower water until they bang the bottom then remember that for when your fishing the deep water you should have no problems getting a Jake down to 17-22'