Digital Camera?

Pigeontroller

For a point and shoot can't go wrong with the Canon A640 10mp.

Bigger the zoom the bigger the camera. I like something that fits in a pocket and takes movies..

The only real reason I went for the big MP is when zooming in digitally makes a big difference. When printing out on paper no difference at all :)

Alot of good information here already !

To the OP , you say you want alot of zoom and a large LCD . Are you going with the assumption that bigger is better ? Alot of people make the mistake these days of underestimating the cameras that are small and fit into your pocket . The smaller cameras these days take awesome shots , and usually have quite large LCDs !

I don't know what your purposes are with this new camera , but if they are day to day photography of fish , family , scenery, and other random objects then a large sized cam with alot of zoom might end up being nothing more than a nuisance and a headache to carry ! I have seen it first hand .

Just something to keep in mind.

Here's my take on the point and shoots. I'd choose a few models that I'm interested in, perhaps some of the suggestions you've laready received. I'd then go to a store that sells them and try each one out! My biggest beef with point and shoot cameras is the speed of the processor. In other words, the time it takes between me pushing the "shoot" button, and the camera actually doing it's thing and taking the shot! I find my target has already left, before the camera takes it shot!

I'm hoping that the newer ones are much faster than my two year old Nikon.

HH

PS... Blacks has all of their digital cameras on sale right now and they will price match for three months after purchase.

In response to KTFO i wanted the same type of camera, not because it was better I just found the larger viewer much easier to review pictures. We take a lot of wildlife shots and the zoom makes a huge difference when trying to get a picture of a moose on shore from your boat 200 ft away. I was going to get a smaller camera for the fish pictures in the boat but then I would lose out on the farther away shots.