maps

slightlyhuman

I'm heading to the Magnetawan River tomorrow for a canoe trip this weekend, (may have already posted about that)

anyways, I am looking to get some maps for the area, all I have to go on is a map of the area I found on google images that is less than decent.

Does anyone know anywhere online or perhaps somewhere near parry sound you can get topographical maps?

thanks

Mountain Equipment Co-op should have them. Depending on where you're putting in and how far downriver you're paddling there are a couple of good portages and rapids to bypass (Sellars comes to mind if you don't have class 3+ skills)). I've run from Ahmic down to Britt and be aware that there's reserve land on the lower Mag so camping will be minimal. Also the Mag is chock full of poison ivy.

Edited by woodenboater

If you have a GPS (Garmin )you can buy the Canada Topo maps and load them into you GPS . Mapsource maps can be had at walmart canadian tire and stores like that

unfortunately no garmin, just an old magellin unit from the early century. really only bringing it along incase we get lost we can track our route back.

thanks for the tips, i'll check MEC tonight for some maps.

I'm heading out of Harris Lake, north of Parry Sound, not doing the area near burks falls.

unfortunately no garmin, just an old magellin unit from the early century. really only bringing it along incase we get lost we can track our route back.

thanks for the tips, i'll check MEC tonight for some maps.

I'm heading out of Harris Lake, north of Parry Sound, not doing the area near burks falls.

Give White Squall a call or an email in Carling township, just north of Nobel, on your way to Harris Lake. They might have maps.

http://www.whitesquall.com/

Edited by blue pickeral