I think she liked it .

Skipper D

What a girl i'll tell ya . Sitting in the truck yesterday afternoon ready and waiting , out the door she came with her sun glasses and base ball cap on carrying a large handbag stuffed full over her shoulder and jumped in as i thru it in drive . She had offered to come along and keep me company and that was allright but i could'nt figure what the handbag suite case was all about and did'nt question it and off we went headed for the bay . I stoped once we were in town at the CT gas bar and fueled up the boat and again she offered to hit the bait machine for me while i did the fuel thing , some thing had to be up but again i did'nt question it and off to the bay we went . Boat now in the water and every thing packed in i looked for my place amoung the other boats that were there and get to fishing . I knew where the hot spots were and every time i'd manuver the boat over them it left me pretty close to other boats i thought but i knew where the fish were and they did'nt ..lol.. then soon they would move away to try some other spot . I fished a few of thease spots with no luck but to feed the gobbies then moved on like every one else . I decided to head off some where by my self and headed for the north side of the bay where there were no boats at all , fish were on the finder ok and i set anchor . Up to this point i was lost in the fishing zone and had forgot all about her sitting in the boat being ever so quiet , into the cabin i went and back out i came carrying a rod . I sat and set it up , baited it , then hand it to her and asked if she'd like to give it a try , not saying a thing she took it not asking any questions so again i did'nt question it and went back to fishing . I watch over my shoulder now and then to see her struggling with the thing , she had the line wraped around the end , she had the line wraped around the reel , she had it every thing but in the water . Down go's my fishing rod and now i have to rush to her rescue . Sitting there in the boat getting this mess back into working order and her just sitting there being ever so quiet and the day light getting less finaly it was back in her hands and i could get back to fishing . I had a couple in the well hardly worth keeping and was thinking of moving to another one of my favorite spots out of the bay all together before it got to dark then i heard this bone chilling scream FISH ON ! and turned thinking what the hell and this two inch long gobbie just about hit me in the face , and while the person holding the rod looked like a guy with his glasses and ball cap that would have the name George there she was grinning from ear to ear and said' looks like i caught my first fish . I shared in her excitement and was quick to get the goddie off for her so she could get it back in the water and catch something worth eating and said that i thought we should move before it got to dark and the blonde babe says no ,i think we should stay here . I did'nt let on but i was laughing my head off inside watching her catch gobbie after gobbie then one little perch , yup i saw her getting hooked .. lol . She was game as i convinced her i knew where to go where she could catch a big one and now with the day light just about gone we headed out of the bay then turned into the lake . After stopping at a spot with twenty three feet of water under the boat her George and i soon landed 28 keepers into the well , seemed like just minutes and by this time it was good and dark . I knew at that time we should be thinking about heading back but we were having so much fun and id'nt want to end it for her . Finaly we both gave in about nine thirty and cruizzed our way back in enjoying the night sights across the water . I had a great evening out there with her my wife little George ...lol..Beverly and i think she liked it . PS the hand bag was full of snacks and drinks for when i needed something and she did catch the biggest perch of the night as well , sorry for any spelling errors as my spellling is always bad i know .

You can thank the 'Gods' that you have a woman/wife that wants to share your love of fishing! :thumbsup_anim:

Mine thinks I'm crazy!

At the end of the day, all married folks find common ground one way or another, or they don't stay married long.

I'm 43 years happily married, (she told me I was), so I guess she's right!

Totally, correct!! :thumbsup_anim:

You can thank the 'Gods' that you have a woman/wife that wants to share your love of fishing! :thumbsup_anim:

Mine thinks I'm crazy!

At the end of the day, all married folks find common ground one way or another, or they don't stay married long.

I'm 43 years happily married, (she told me I was), so I guess she's right!

Totally, correct!! :thumbsup_anim:

I guess i am one of the lucky ones , thirty years now and still feels like yesterday for both of us