Sandshell Trailer Park on Pigeon Lake

nancur373

nancur373, what kind of info are you looking for? I lived 5 minutes from there for most of my life, know the waters like the back of my hand, just moved to Barrie this year but my parents are still there, we're RIGHT beside Cadigan's Camp.

Jer, it is in floods landing but it's still kickin, it connects with Donro Trailer Park.

Human. Id there any submerged stuff I should look out for? Also are there any local tourneys in the area.

for the most part, when you're on the south end of the lake its pretty good, about 8-10 fow, but just be careful closer to the big rice bed and around those big cat tail islands. and when you get out of your parks docking area and go north on the east side of the lake thru that little channel beside the rice bed there are lots of logs, since the whole south end of the lake was farmfields and forests that flooded forever ago. but it shouldn't be anything to really worry a lot about, just stay in the middle if you're on plane.

I'm a wakeskater, and I always used to ride through that little channel and when I fell I was always able to stand at about shoulder height on the dead heads. its all pretty deep but some traffic through there can stir deadheads up, and I remember about 6 years ago we propped our boat riding in there.

also be very careful at the start of the season around there, when the ice comes in, the trent drops the water a bit, this freezes the odd log into the ice and then when it rises in the spring the log gets carried out to the middle of the lake and floats around til it finds a new home, so april can be hairy in the south end of the lake. especially near fothergil island.

you can troll through the rice bed as well, but watch out for duck blinds, hunters built em years ago and abandoned them since its on the trent-severn and the water fluctuates so much and the blinds get submerged. it takes til probly mid june for the rice bed to really rise up so you will be able to see stuff in it and drive thru that area, but once its up, best to keep it slow around there, but i've caught some damn decent bass and picks in the rice bed in july-aug.

as for tourneys, I know there is a small one at gannons narrows marina maybe once a year, they have one maybe every 3 weeks or so in the summer at rotary park at the causeway in bridgenorth as well.

hope this helps

nancur373, what kind of info are you looking for? I lived 5 minutes from there for most of my life, know the waters like the back of my hand, just moved to Barrie this year but my parents are still there, we're RIGHT beside Cadigan's Camp.

Jer, it is in floods landing but it's still kickin, it connects with Donro Trailer Park.

I know the park you mean now. My buddy had a trailer at Donro for years.

What was the third park called that is now gone?

• 3 years later...

I live south of there and the lake has gotten very busy over the last few years. Fishing is still good. The rice beds are expanding every year and some in your area are complaining big time. The one area to really watch for is on the west side, north of you and it's called three sister shoals and is marked.

Awesome sounds good. i only have a flat 14 ft tin with a 9.9 . may get a little rough out there but atleast i wont be scrapping the bottom. Any one up there that woluld like to meet up and go out for a day just pm me as i will be up there all the time during the months its open. Any actually info of the park and people plus owner would be great to.

thanks everyone

cheers

I had a trailer up in Honey Harbour for a few seasons. The owners are all the same, they will be a bit crotchety at times and you sometimes feel as if you are getting nickeled and dimed but at the end of the day, they are not your friend, they are your landlord. Learn how to work on and winterize your trailer, you can save a bunch of dough that way to spend on bait and gear. With a tinny, you will be fine on Pigeon unless it is a bad day weather wise. Have fun, some of our funnest times werre at the trailer with my kids.